BDP-2 does not load NAS library

Roberto135

BDP-2 does not load NAS library
« on: 19 Dec 2022, 09:20 pm »
My BDP-2 shows the message ''Device QNAP now resides at the IP Address 190.168.....'' the same address found in the NAS setup, but the Update does not start. If I insert a flash drive instead the update starts. If I move the LAN cable into the other connection, the message becomes ''Device QNAP appears to be offline''. I found this problem without doing anything. I tried shutting down and restarting the NAS, BDP-2, PC, Switch and Router, and also checked all connections, did a new NAS setup. Do you have any ideas?

Many Thanks
Roberto

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Re: BDP-2 does not load NAS library
« Reply #1 on: 19 Dec 2022, 09:57 pm »
Hi Roberto - email Adam - atanner@bryston.com

james

Roberto135

« Reply #2 on: 19 Dec 2022, 10:42 pm »
I just wrote to Adam.

Thank you, James.

Roberto

Roberto135

« Reply #3 on: 31 Dec 2022, 11:27 am »
Hi,
I still haven't fixed the NAS problem (I'll link up with Chris to try and fix it soon).
In the meantime I've installed an internal SSD in the BDP-2, but since I've never done this before, I have no idea of ​​the procedure for uploading and managing files from a PC:
is there a tutorial that explains the procedure?
I selected Disk Information in the interface, but I'm not sure if that's where you should go from.

Thank you
Roberto

Roberto135

« Reply #4 on: 1 Jan 2023, 09:02 pm »
Can anyone tell me which is the way to see, delete and upload files to internal SSD that I put in my BDP-2?

Thanks
Roberto

ttsto

« Reply #5 on: 2 Jan 2023, 09:04 am »

Roberto135

« Reply #6 on: 2 Jan 2023, 03:24 pm »
Thank you, and, as I suspected, I think it's related to the NAS connection problem, because I don't see the BDP in my network, even if it surfs the internet and I can control it with the Ipad. I'll have to look at everything.

Regards
Roberto

Jozsef

« Reply #7 on: 3 Jan 2023, 05:30 am »
Hi Roberto. I can only verify that with Windows 7 it's quite trivial since the device with all its drives is visible on the network and can easily be accessed by putting in the Bryston's username and password. I like taking the simplest path and have enough computers that keeping one with Windows 7 around is no big deal. That said, the improved security in newer operating systems is not insurmountable. Chris will surely sort out the NAS issue if that's where your problem lies. I haven't connected my NAS yet so I'll be keeping an eye on this.

ttsto

« Reply #8 on: 3 Jan 2023, 01:37 pm »
Thinking of different issue with my Qnap, but still addressing connectivity between BDP and NAS, described here, see if it works to change the network protocol on your NAS to SMB1 (on my model the settings are in ControlPanel / Network & File Services / Win/Mac/NFS/WebDAV/Advanced Options)

ttsto

« Reply #9 on: 3 Jan 2023, 01:39 pm »
Hi Roberto. I can only verify that with Windows 7 it's quite trivial since the device with all its drives is visible on the network and can easily be accessed by putting in the Bryston's username and password. I like taking the simplest path and have enough computers that keeping one with Windows 7 around is no big deal. That said, the improved security in newer operating systems is not insurmountable. Chris will surely sort out the NAS issue if that's where your problem lies. I haven't connected my NAS yet so I'll be keeping an eye on this.

The same experience here, from my PC with Windows 10 no trouble to access both BDP and NAS.

Roberto135

« Reply #10 on: 4 Jan 2023, 08:48 am »
Thanks to Chris' remote intervention, my BDP-2 communicates with my NAS again. For now everything seems to be restored.
I just have to figure out how to see and manage the internal SSD that I don't see from my PC for the moment.

I publicly thank the precious Chris for his help.

Roberto

Roberto135

« Reply #11 on: 4 Jan 2023, 10:44 am »
the device with all its drives is visible on the network

HI Jozsef, my problem, I think, is that if I open the network resources, I can't find the BDP, while I can enter it via the address.
My PC has Windows 10.

Jozsef

« Reply #12 on: 5 Jan 2023, 06:42 am »
HI Jozsef, my problem, I think, is that if I open the network resources, I can't find the BDP, while I can enter it via the address.
My PC has Windows 10.

My experience with Windows 10 is almost nothing so I'm not much good to you there, I'm afraid. I'm going to go with Linux rather than move to a Windows version after 8.1, but I'm confident you can sort this out.