SOLD - Mapletree Audio Design MAD EAR Purist+ HD 2 headphone amp (price drop)

gsilliman

Have for sale Mapletree Audio Design (MAD) EAR Purist + HD 2 headphone amplifier. Made in Canada by Lloyd Peppard, OTL design with two headphone inputs (one for high, one for low impedance), two rca inputs, and one passive output. Tubes used are JJ ECC99 and a Tung Sol 12AX7 - both new production and sound great (sorry, don't know the hours). Red finish with oak sides.

I liked my first one of these so much I bought this one, and as great as it is, I don't "need" it and want some cash for something else. Very minor cosmetic blemishes (see photos) - nothing more than a couple 1 mil paint chips though. Functions flawlessly and pairs exceptionally well with Grados on the low output. Also used with my Anandas and ATH R70xs on the higher one, both of which sounded great. Tough to find an OTL amp that works this well with Grados.

Can ship CONUS at asking price - not interested in trades for other amps/headphones, but if someone had a MAD Phono Pre or Ultra pre with phono, i'd be interested. Includes amp, printout of manual, power cable, and tubes shown. $500 465 $450 SOLD

Thanks a lot

« Last Edit: 28 Jan 2023, 10:03 pm by gsilliman »

Bob2

• De gustibus non est disputandum

gsilliman

Thanks for "straightening" me out - much appreciated

gsilliman

Price drop to $490 shipped (CONUS) - also adding another Telefunken 12ax7 preamp tube to roll with (don't know hours but seller labeled as NOS)

gsilliman

Still available - thanks

gsilliman

Price lowered to $465 shipped (w/extra preamp tube)
« Last Edit: 6 Jan 2023, 03:26 pm by gsilliman »

gsilliman

Ok, one more price drop - $450 shipped (CONUS) - thanks