OFF for now: Art Audio/Gill Alana stereo tube preamplifier -- price drop

hrosenba

Art Audio/Gill Alana stereo tube preamplifier. I'm second owner. Excellent linestage using two E88CC's and one RCA 6CG7. The RCA 6CG7 was purchased from Andy at Vintage Tube services. The E88CC's are matched Tungsram that sound excellent + quiet in phono section of my Vacuum State preamp. Two linestage inputs. No balance control. Simple remote control for volume and muting. The power transformer was replaced several years ago with original specification Lundahl. The Alps volume potentiometer was upgraded to a superior TDK 2CP-2511 25 kOhm.

6 Moons review -- https://6moons.com/audioreviews/gill/alana.html

The MM/MC phono section no longer works despite considerable expense and repair efforts by a top-notch electronics engineer -- Scott Frankland. The phono section's K&K Audio PC boards failed and are no longer available.

The linestage sounds excellent and has been problem-free.

The overall appearance is very good. There are two small spots of discolored chrome on the rear of the faceplate -- cannot be seen when viewing from the front + some light scratches on black powder coat cover of the unit.

Asking $1,350 + shipping from 90024.  Will double box, UPS or FedEx shipping.  PayPal F&F, cash, or personal check after it clears.

I also have an Omega Mikro Active planar 100W "Blue" power cord that pairs exceptionally well with the preamp -- please let me know if interested.

Happy Listening and Happy 2023,
Harvey
« Last Edit: 18 Feb 2023, 12:20 am by hrosenba »

hrosenba

Re: Art Audio/Gill Alana stereo tube preamplifier for sale
« Reply #1 on: 21 Dec 2022, 04:32 am »
Bump for reduced asking price to $1,600. 
Excellent stereo tube linestage preamplifier.

hrosenba

Re: Art Audio/Gill Alana stereo tube preamplifier for sale
« Reply #2 on: 2 Jan 2023, 11:25 pm »
Bump -- price further reduced to $1500 for this excellent stereo tube linestage.

hrosenba

Price reduced to $1450.  Excellent stereo linestage.

hrosenba

Bump for price drop to $1400 for this excellent stereo tube linestage.

hrosenba

Bump.  Price lowered to $1,350 for this excellent stereo tube linestage.

hrosenba

Temporarily not for sale.  Considering adding some Siemens goldpin tubes to replace the Tungsrams E88CC's...