WTB 25' RCA interconnects

abernardi

WTB 25' RCA interconnects
« on: 10 Dec 2022, 10:48 pm »
I'm moving my amps near my speakers, but in order to do so, I'll need to have a really long interconnect run instead of long speaker cables.  Ideally Ohno copper.  Any cheap and cheerful suggestions?  EMI, RFI considerations?

Big Red Machine

Re: WTB 25' RCA interconnects
« Reply #1 on: 11 Dec 2022, 06:19 am »
You should not have any EMI issues at 25 feet if you keep those cables away from power cables or run them 90 degrees to them. I am using 4+ meter Transparent Ultra single ended's with zero noise.

I have been looking into Lavri cables - all silver but decently priced.

abernardi

« Reply #2 on: 11 Dec 2022, 09:31 pm »
Have you heard the Lavri cables yet?  There seems to be absolutely NO consensus on cable practices, except that cables will actually affect the sound (for better or for worse or just different).  And prices vary SO wildly.  I've focused on UC-OCC/PCOCC/Ohno because a good audiophile friend made a compelling argument for that approach to me years ago.  It seems the only way to make a judgment is by auditioning them yourself, like everything else in this weird hobby of ours!

A_shah

« Reply #3 on: 11 Dec 2022, 10:32 pm »
Have you heard the Lavri cables yet?  There seems to be absolutely NO consensus on cable practices, except that cables will actually affect the sound (for better or for worse or just different).  And prices vary SO wildly.  I've focused on UC-OCC/PCOCC/Ohno because a good audiophile friend made a compelling argument for that approach to me years ago.  It seems the only way to make a judgment is by auditioning them yourself, like everything else in this weird hobby of ours!

I own a silver Lavri cable pair for my IE Audize Headphones

Asghar

Rusty Jefferson

« Reply #4 on: 12 Dec 2022, 02:41 am »
Those would be really long single ended cables, and generally speaking not a good idea. What are you driving those cables with, i.e. what's the output impedance of your source/preamp? Input impedance of your amplifiers?

abernardi

« Reply #5 on: 15 Dec 2022, 04:48 am »
Hi Rusty,
  I'm not sure, I'd need to look that up.  I jumped on some Kimber PBJ cable, so we'll see one way or the other.