Moved, Sold My NEC Plasma - Now What?

Horizons

• Restricted
« on: 15 Apr 2005, 09:49 pm »
So I sell my house and the buyer buys my NEC 42-inch plasma that is mounted on the living room wall.

I have not kept up in the display world. What is good in the 50-inch category (plasma, LCD, DLP, or??)

I loved my NEC 42-inch plasma, I will miss that unit badly.

bubba966

« Reply #1 on: 15 Apr 2005, 09:55 pm »
Pioneer has a nice 50" plasma out now. Nicer than the 50" DLP's I've seen. Not sure if LCD's are available in 50" models yet. And if they are, you could buy a couple of 50" plasmas for the same price as a 50" LCD.

Horizons

• Restricted
« Reply #2 on: 15 Apr 2005, 10:29 pm »
Quote from: bubba966
Pioneer has a nice 50" plasma out now. Nicer than the 50" DLP's I've seen. Not sure if LCD's are available in 50" models yet. And if they are, you could buy a couple of 50" plasmas for the same price as a 50" LCD.

That is pretty much in line with a retailer near me. He said that in the plasma world, Pioneer and taken the lead with the Sony a close second. This has changed a bit as when I bought my NEC almost two years ago, the Pannys were the all the rage.

I looked at the Pioneer 50 inch Plasma today and was blown away.

bubba966

« Reply #3 on: 15 Apr 2005, 10:37 pm »
I haven't looked at the Sony plasmas in a bit. The early Sony's used Fujitsu panels. And at the time Fujitsu & Pioneer were doing best at plasmas. Then Sony decided they were going to make their own panels. Boy did they look nasty when that happened. That's when Panasonic started catching up to Pioneer. Not sure where Fujitsu went. Then Pioneer really got their plasmas figured out and made everything else I was looking at look pretty nasty.

While the Pioneer's are really nice now, I still personally think it's not a good enough picture. Obviously I'm in the minority on that as everyone else seems to love plasmas nowadays.

KKM

« Reply #4 on: 16 Apr 2005, 02:56 am »
Go over to avsforum.com, those guys are as nerdy about video as we are on audio here. They won't steer you wrong.