(Sale Pending) Linn LP12 Akurate (with Krane arm): Manufactured September, 2021

shahed

Original owner. It was about 5 months wait after I placed my order and Linn shipped it to my dealer on October, 2021. The actual usage of the turntable is around 9 months. The newer Linn LP12 sounds quite different and arguably a lot better than older units.

Given it's almost as new as it gets, it contains the latest Akurate configuration except it has the Krane tonearm. The configuration is:
- Kore sub-chassis and machined armboard
- Lingo IV power supply and motor control unit
- Karousel bearing
- Trampolin baseboard
- Krane tonearm with cable

Cartridge is not included. However, I've an almost new Krystal cartridge (I ended up using Phasemation PP 500).  I can include the Krystal for an additional $595 only for buyer who would buy both.

The dustcover has some scratches which is hard to capture in photo. I'll take more detailed picture of the dustcover for serious buyers. Otherwise, the rest of the turntable condition is almost 10. Very conservatively rated as 8.

The turntable is in it's original packaging ready to ship. Local pickup from Brooklyn, NY (11205) is most welcome. Asking price (without Krystal): $4795.00. Buyer pays shipping and 3% paypal fee if not using F&F option.

Reason for sale:
I prefer the sound of this LP12 over quite few other tables I auditioned including Rega RP10, AMG Viella, Clearaudio Ovation and Innovation Wood. However, few months ago I become aware of this FCL - field coil loaded tonearm made by Primary Control. I ended up purchasing Primary Control Kinea direct drive turntable and the FCL arm. Together they cost almost 8X of my asking price of the Linn LP12. I almost had a buyers remorse after comparing my LP12 to Primary Control. Thats how good LP12 is. However, I won't claim that LP12 is as good as Primary Control; it isn't. It took me some time to fine tune the setup to realize the world class performance of Primary Control. Primary Control performs at a higher level for sure, but the LP12 earned my HUGE respect given how close it got to Primary Control for much less money.

« Last Edit: 21 Nov 2022, 09:19 pm by shahed »