4 NOS NIB Philips JAN Philips ECG 6L6WGB 5881 Vacuum Tubes Matched Quad

nurxhunter

$300 for the Quad - Shipped only in Contiguous USA. Electrically and physically Matched Quad (4) of vintage NOS/NIB JAN Philips ECG 6L6WGB/5881 vacuum tubes with same date codes made in USA. Electrically tested with a Maximatcher at 400V.  Data are mA and gM values:

34 mA, 2,900 Gm
33 mA, 2,900 Gm
31 mA, 2,800 Gm
32 mA, 2,900 Gm

These tubes are considered more like a 6L6GC than a 6L6/5881 type and more like the 7581A.  These are New in the Box, New Old Stock, never used, except to test and audition in my Cayin A-60T, which puts 440V on the plates.  They sounded superb.  Also tested in TV-10 and Eico666 and returned perfect matched NOS-spec values.  No gas, no leaks.

These have the most open and transparent sonics, and outstanding bass, of any 6L6 type I have tried. I prefer the old St Petersburg SED 6L6GC to these for jazz and classical in my 20W customized Magnavox 6L6 amp, but for Rock, Rap and RnB--these simply rule (TME,IMO).  It's all about trial and error to get sonic synergy. 

I have another quad of these if someone needs an octet.  Continental USA only. Will post pics if anyone expresses interest. See link for a description and what they look like--you will receive the exact same tubes as in the link, including in their original boxes.   Thanks for looking.
https://www.kcanostubes.com/content/nos-jan-philips-6l6wgb
« Last Edit: 24 Sep 2023, 03:42 pm by nurxhunter »

nurxhunter

bump.  Open to reasonable offers. Pricing competitive with the EB and far lower than online vendors, but actual current-matched data is quite rare to find for a quad (for good reasons!).