Greetings from Chicagoland

Aercool

Greetings from Chicagoland
« on: 4 Oct 2022, 01:42 pm »
Introducing myself for the website.  I'm a music lover that listens to a lot of the Dave's and Dick's Picks releases from the Grateful Dead.  Amazing how good these recordings still sound, 40-50 years down the road.
 For a change of pace I also love the Americana genre like Son Volt and similar.

I'm a tube / solid state blender.  If I use my generic 300B SE amp, I'll use a solid state preamp.  But lately I can't seem to move away from my Audio Research LS-27II into my First Watt SIT-3 and F-8.  Both are sublime.  I love the 90's high end digital gear that I couldn't afford back when it was new, and have been updating those pieces with new PS caps and newer passive components to ensure they're playing well into the next few decades.  My Zu Soul Supremes allow me to use a variety of amps, they don't need a lot of power to play hair raising volumes.  Yes, they have their detractors because the specs aren't perfect - but have they listened to them?  They tend to disappear with good recordings and blast a wide/deep soundstage that just makes me melt into the listening chair.

Thanks for listening!

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
Re: Greetings from Chicagoland
« Reply #1 on: 4 Oct 2022, 05:31 pm »
Greetings & Welcome to AC Aercool   :thumb: 

Phil A

« Reply #2 on: 4 Oct 2022, 07:10 pm »
Welcome!

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #3 on: 4 Oct 2022, 11:50 pm »
Welcome to AC  :thumb: