Digital Amplifier Company - Cherry Megaschino

LarryD56

Digital Amplifier Company - Cherry Megaschino
« on: 24 Sep 2022, 11:59 pm »
Here's a wonderful sounding (and performing) MEGAschino amplifier by the Digital Amplifier Company. This started out as a Classic Cherry Ultra with the optional massive 1500W toroidal power transformer, but I sent it to Tommy O'Brien and had it upgraded to a MEGAschino. This amp is the same as if you would have had Tommy build you a new Megaschino. My upcoming plan for my system is to change out my inefficient speakers for efficient ones, so I will no longer need all the power that this beast puts out. Yes, it's powerful with great controlled bass, but it handles itself with great finesse. One of the things I noticed with this amp is that it doesn't seem to be lacking anything when played at low volumes, but when it's cranked up it is non-fatiguing and very enjoyable. Also, I should mention that I have never had a problem with this amp. It has always worked well and sounded great. I have another smaller Cherry amplifier which should easily meet my needs with my new speakers.

Please contact me if you have any questions. I ship FedEx Ground/Home insured with a signature unless you prefer something different. I accept checks,
 or money orders, but there will be a slight delay until they clear my bank. Local sale is ideal, when possible.  Price - $2500

******************************************************************************** Specifications: ***************************************************************************************************

Gain: 25.6dB

SNR: 120dB

1W THD+N: 0.001%

Size: 17.0" x 14.3" x 4.6"

Power Stage Efficiency: 95%

Output Impedance: <0.04Ω at 1kHz, <0.08Ω at 10kHz

Sensitivity: 3.0Vin for 400Wout into 8Ω

Weight: 30-40 lbs (depending on version)

Input Impedance: 20kΩ true balanced

Frequency Response: 0Hz to 150kHz (DC coupled)

Output Power (1500W transformer): Stereo Version: 750Wpc into 4Ω, 440Wpc into 8Ω

Protection: Thermal, Current, Voltage, Auto-Recovery

Output Connectors: WBT Gold Binding Posts

Input Connectors: Neutrik Gold XLRs, (RCA-to-XLR adapters included)

Idle Power Consumption: Stereo Version: 36W

Sleep Mode Power Consumption: Stereo Version: 11W

AC MAINS: 120VAC nominal

******************************************************************************** How MEGAschino is different: *******************************************************************************

*DC coupling end-to-end response down to 0Hz and NO BASS PHASE SHIFT *Low output impedance across the entire audio band. We measure output impedance (or damping factor) at 100Hz, 1 kHz, and 10 kHz

*Optimized for SONICS above all else. We start with amazing bench specs, like 128+dB SNR and 0.0008% THD+N, then we tweak for sound AFTER that

*Black background, micro-dynamics, uncolored - 120dB SNR, 0.001% THD+N

*High power - MEGAschino channel boards are capable of comfortably driving 1000W into 4Ω and up to 2000W into 2Ω

*Extended bandwidth up to 150kHz Patented and proprietary circuitry designed in-house. We are one of the few amp manufacturers that still designs circuits as opposed to dropping yet another pre-fab module into a fancy box!

*Experience: 30-years of Class-D amplifier design so far

Includes:

Power cord, XLR to RCA adapters, factory box, spec sheet

« Last Edit: 10 Feb 2023, 12:49 pm by LarryD56 »

hayden

Re: Digital Amplifier Company - Cherry Megaschino
« Reply #1 on: 25 Sep 2022, 12:22 am »
Price?

LarryD56

« Reply #2 on: 25 Sep 2022, 01:06 am »
Yeah, there's always something missing.....now added to the ad.     $2500    Substantially far less than what I've paid out for this amp.

xXNYXx

« Reply #3 on: 10 Feb 2023, 10:08 am »
Hi I'm interested

LarryD56

« Reply #4 on: 10 Feb 2023, 12:47 pm »
What do you need to know? There is one change in the ad. I no longer take PayPal. Something else could be worked out.

Larry