Cherry Megaschino 750WPC $1900 - Free shipping

LarryD56

Cherry Megaschino 750WPC $1900 - Free shipping
« on: 30 Aug 2022, 04:37 am »
Megaschino amplifier by the Digital Amplifier Company. This started out as a Classic Cherry Ultra with the optional 1800W toroidal power transformer. I sent it back to the designer Tommy O'Brien and had it upgraded to a Megaschino. In having the amplifier upgraded through the Kickstarter program there was no paperwork stating the upgrade had been performed, so I've included some inside pictures showing the Megaschino boards are installed and that the power transformer is an 1800W PT instead of the standard 750W PT.

I no longer need all the power that this amplifier puts out. It's powerful and at the same time it handles itself with great finesse. I've included a review from AudioBeatnik below that gives you an idea of what this amp does (even with the smaller 750W power transformer that was used in the review). I have another smaller Cherry amplifier which should easily meet my needs with my present speakers. I have never had a problem with the Mega. It has always worked well and sounded great.

Please contact me if you have any questions. I accept cash, check, postal money orders, and Zelle payments. Will ship to continental US insured at no additional cost.

https://theaudiobeatnik.com/reviewing-the-digital-amplifier-companys-megaschino-cherry-amp/

Here are some specs and additional information:

Gain: 25.6dB

SNR: 120dB

1W THD+N: 0.001%

Size: 17.0" x 14.3" x 4.6"

Power Stage Efficiency: 95%

Output Impedance: <0.04Ω at 1kHz, <0.08Ω at 10kHz

Sensitivity: 3.0Vin for 400Wout into 8Ω

Weight: 30-40 lbs (depending on version)

Input Impedance: 20kΩ true balanced

Frequency Response: 0Hz to 150kHz (DC coupled)

Output Power (1500W transformer): Stereo Version: 750Wpc into 4Ω, 440Wpc into 8Ω

Protection: Thermal, Current, Voltage, Auto-Recovery

Output Connectors: WBT Gold Binding Posts

Input Connectors: Neutrik Gold XLRs, (RCA-to-XLR adapters included)

Idle Power Consumption: Stereo Version: 36W

Sleep Mode Power Consumption: Stereo Version: 11W

AC MAINS: 120VAC nominal

******************************************************************************** How MEGAschino is different: ****************************************************************

*DC coupling end-to-end response down to 0Hz and NO BASS PHASE SHIFT *Low output impedance across the entire audio band. We measure output impedance (or damping factor) at 100Hz, 1 kHz, and 10 kHz

*Optimized for SONICS above all else. We start with amazing bench specs, like 128+dB SNR and 0.0008% THD+N, then we tweak for sound AFTER that

*Black background, micro-dynamics, uncolored - 120dB SNR, 0.001% THD+N

*High power - MEGAschino channel boards are capable of comfortably driving 1000W into 4Ω and up to 2000W into 2Ω

*Extended bandwidth up to 150kHz Patented and proprietary circuitry designed in-house. We are one of the few amp manufacturers that still designs circuits as opposed to dropping yet another pre-fab module into a fancy box!

*Experience: 30-years of Class-D amplifier design so far

« Last Edit: 16 Dec 2023, 07:21 pm by LarryD56 »

LarryD56

Re: Cherry Megaschino 750WPC $2000 - Free shipping
« Reply #1 on: 16 Dec 2023, 07:20 pm »
bump   

LarryD56

Re: Cherry Megaschino 750WPC $1900 - Free shipping
« Reply #2 on: 12 Jan 2024, 09:53 pm »
bump