Music Staycation Starts Now

Mag

Music Staycation Starts Now
« on: 28 Aug 2022, 07:07 am »
 Took 8 days off from work. Music Staycation starts now! :drool:
Nothing set in stone as to what Playlists, will play it by ear. Winding down the day on my secondary system but will be on the main rig most of the time which has plenty of bass, it kicks @$$.
Stocked up on munchies and plenty of food in the freezer so I don't have to leave home. Have to try to catch up on some yard work as well but that shouldn't take too long.

First up

Wayner

Re: Music Staycation Starts Now
« Reply #1 on: 28 Aug 2022, 08:31 pm »
Too nice here to do that now, but fall is gathering momentum. I have some newish LPs that need to be spun in some kind of order, the latest is from Orville Peck called Rodeo. Not country, but parallels it (Mr. Peck has one of the deepest voices I have ever heard on vinyl).

Have fun, take some breaks. I'll assume that cocktails might be involved...maybe not. My beverage of choice is Bud 55 (beer flavored water).

Wayner

Mag

« Reply #2 on: 28 Aug 2022, 11:23 pm »
Too nice here to do that now, but fall is gathering momentum. I have some newish LPs that need to be spun in some kind of order, the latest is from Orville Peck called Rodeo. Not country, but parallels it (Mr. Peck has one of the deepest voices I have ever heard on vinyl).

Have fun, take some breaks. I'll assume that cocktails might be involved...maybe not. My beverage of choice is Bud 55 (beer flavored water).

Wayner

Beverages involved: A&W Root Beer, Iced Tea, Welch's Grape Juice & Apricot Brandy

Staycation is officially underway. Opting for new to me music to start.

Mag

« Reply #3 on: 29 Aug 2022, 12:22 am »
Next up

nlitworld

• Strange things are afoot at the Circle K
« Reply #4 on: 29 Aug 2022, 12:34 am »
   Beverages involved: A&W Root Beer, Iced Tea, Welch's Grape Juice & Apricot Brandy

As a root beer connoisseur here, I recommend the Henry Weinhards for mainstream selection or Sprecher if you're ordering up boutique options. Enjoy the music and relaxation :thumb:

Mag

« Reply #5 on: 29 Aug 2022, 02:13 am »
Next up

Mag

« Reply #6 on: 29 Aug 2022, 02:56 am »
Next up

Mag

« Reply #7 on: 29 Aug 2022, 04:11 am »
Next up

Mag

« Reply #8 on: 29 Aug 2022, 05:15 am »
Next up

Mag

« Reply #9 on: 29 Aug 2022, 06:56 am »
Next up

Mag

« Reply #10 on: 29 Aug 2022, 08:00 am »
Next up

Mag

« Reply #11 on: 30 Aug 2022, 12:03 am »
Okay, last night I was uncomfortable sitting for long hours due to back pain. Back pain seems to have subsided after lying in bed for 12 hours.

Day Two:

First up, America, playing this album because it takes me back to my first job out of high school, Elevation Surveying. I was with a crew that were crazy, sort of from the Hippie generation. Anyway we were doing a 200 mile section and songs from this albums were heard repeatedly on the radio, taking me back in time.

Mag

« Reply #12 on: 30 Aug 2022, 12:57 am »
Next up

Samac

« Reply #13 on: 30 Aug 2022, 01:18 am »
As a root beer connoisseur here, I recommend the Henry Weinhards for mainstream selection or Sprecher if you're ordering up boutique options. Enjoy the music and relaxation :thumb:

Weinhard’s root beer is outstanding. :thumb:

Cheers,

Scott

Mag

« Reply #14 on: 30 Aug 2022, 01:46 am »
Our friend the Cookie Monster made an appearance there on a couple of songs.

Next up

rockadanny

« Reply #15 on: 30 Aug 2022, 02:37 am »
Great idea (music staycation)! Think I'll do this on my next birthday and make it an all-day affair.

Mag

« Reply #16 on: 30 Aug 2022, 02:48 am »
Next up

Mag

« Reply #17 on: 30 Aug 2022, 02:52 am »
Great idea (music staycation)! Think I'll do this on my next birthday and make it an all-day affair.

I don't need to go anywhere, I ran around like a chicken in my taxi & courier days. Mainly need a physical rest from cleaning toilets & vacuuming.

NO, you need more than a day. At least a week to recover physically and get your mind off of work.

rockadanny

« Reply #18 on: 30 Aug 2022, 02:57 am »
At least a week to recover physically and get your mind off of work.
:thumb:

Mag

« Reply #19 on: 30 Aug 2022, 03:55 am »
Time for familiar music

Next up