My Latest project ...

Haoleb

My Latest project ...
« on: 25 Mar 2003, 08:35 pm »
This is my latest project. The restoration of a Mcintosh MC240 tube amp that i got free and im fixing it up. Now that i got it all painted up all i need to do is wait for my tubes to come back from being tested and my parts to come and to install em and i should have a Very nice Tube amp!! These things are selling on ebay for 1500-2000 in good condition so to get one free, put 150 bucks or less into it and get this is really great. I just had to show off my work since im soo impressed lol. Here are a couple of before and after pics, to see more you can go to my album here:
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?action=gallery;area=browse;album=29

Thats what it looked like when i got it....And THIS is now!

JoshK

My Latest project ...
« Reply #1 on: 25 Mar 2003, 09:12 pm »
Nice job and good score.  Would be interested in hearing how it sounds when you turn it out and enjoy your work!

Ernest

My Latest project ...
« Reply #2 on: 26 Mar 2003, 12:03 am »
Is that really the same amp?!  Incredible!

What did you have to do to clean it up?

Haoleb

My Latest project ...
« Reply #3 on: 26 Mar 2003, 01:02 am »
well first, i got a drill and a heavy wire brush attachment and took all the rust off. then i put brasso on the metal but that didnt do any good. and then i just painted it and its looking great.

Harmon

Tube Amp
« Reply #4 on: 26 Mar 2003, 09:33 pm »
Nice job man. Huge difference!!!!!!!!

Harmon

My Latest project ...
« Reply #5 on: 28 Mar 2003, 05:21 pm »
How did you get the 3 black transformers to look so new.

Haoleb

My Latest project ...
« Reply #6 on: 28 Mar 2003, 05:40 pm »
Its amazing what a lil paint can do eh! I painted the transformers with some gloss protective enamel before i painted the chassis with chrome. Up close the tops of them are still bumpy from the uneven paint underneath but the sides are smooth and great.