How To Buy/Ship Used Gear With Insurance/Protection From Europe?

cloudbaseracer

Not sure where to post this but....

I am looking to buy a piece of gear from Europe.  Mostly interested in used although I may be forced to buy from a dealer there.  I am wondering how you guys that have done this before have purchased and shipped with some type of assurance that the ad is not a scam, that the amplifier is in full working condition and that it is not damaged either before or during shipment?

Is this something that PayPal would handle?  Are they really able to discern a scam or protect for damage?  What is the best freight company to use?  DHL or FedEx or ....?

How do I avoid paying VAT for an item that leaves Europe and should not be charged?

Thanks,
James

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
If buying from a dealer please do yourself a favor and let them arrange shipping.  If you do, then ALL liability falls on you and you're not the one packing it. 

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
shipped with some type of assurance that the ad is not a scam, that the amplifier is in full working condition and that it is not damaged either before or during shipment?
There is no such things as these guarantees you want.

Is this something that PayPal would handle?
Of course no, after Mr.Elon sells PP its user policy has become bulling.
every 6 months they send me an email threatening to cancel my profile and arrogantly ordering me to inform them of my documents and my monthly income.

Are they really able to discern a scam or protect for damage?
They are a Bank, they transfer money for you, you need a private eye.
If your equip arrive damaged or DOA, after two months PP custumer service solution will be return the equip to the seller at your own expense and PP will refund your money.

How do I avoid paying VAT for an item that leaves Europe and should not be charged?
You must ask the Tax Free option to the seller, maybe he can do it for you.

What is the best freight company to use?
This does not exist, in my experience all are expensive and dangerous.
Search Fedex Fail in YT.
« Last Edit: 7 Apr 2022, 05:01 am by FullRangeMan »