Outlaw's new Pre/Pro for $1099, lots of features..

KKM

From their e-mail:

- Full-featured surround processor/tuner with Dolby Digital EX, ProLogicIIx, Dolby Virtual Speaker, Dolby Headphone, DTS, DTS-ES, DTS 96/24, DTS Neo:6 and Stereo Bypass modes.
- Unmatched range of audio, video and digital inputs including two-input DVI switching (video-compatible with HDMI), three high-bandwidth (over 100 MHz) component video inputs, high-quality phono input, five optical digital inputs, two coaxial digital inputs, USB input for computer audio playback, "direct" inputs with bass management for use with DVD-A, SACD and future high-def DVD players and multiple analog audio, video and S-Video inputs. (Yes, we know you would have preferred that HDMI be included in this list of inputs. We would have loved to include HDMI, but it is still a technology in transition and it is possible that the currently available implementations may not be upgradeable. The combination of DVI and "direct" analog inputs insures compatibility with future formats and players.)
- High performance 192/24 DACs on all output channels feeding both balanced audio outputs and standard line level audio outputs. Stereo subwoofer outputs.
- Powerful configuration system with quadruple crossover bass-management, renameable inputs, automated setup for speaker size, delay and output levels.
- Lip sync delay individually adjustable for each video input up 250 mS for perfect image-to-sound alignment with digital video displays, processors and sources.
- Stereo up-sampling of all PCM and analog input signals to 192 kHz.
- Upgradeable software and firmware via either RS-232 or USB connection.
- High quality video cross-conversion from composite or S-Video to component, with menus visible on the component output.
- Full multi-room system, complete with remote for second zone.

Photo:

http://www.outlawaudio.com/990_F_sm.jpg
http://www.outlawaudio.com/990_R_sm.jpg

Woodsea

« Reply #1 on: 5 Apr 2005, 01:51 am »
Boy I was drooling and had my name in the hat for the 950 almost 3 years ago.  It finally started selling, but my H/K satisfied my gotta have it now NEED.  I hope they get this thing to market quickly.  It should sell well, but I think they lost a lot of their fan base because of the last pre/pro tardiness.

jgubman

« Reply #2 on: 5 Apr 2005, 02:53 am »
According to their email, the first shipment of 990s are already "on the water" and on their way to Outlaw. I think they learned a pretty valuable lesson w/ the launch of the 950 and now have their act together.

Again, according to their email, the 990 has been fully tested and is ready to start shipping (famous last words)...

Time will tell. I was a little disappointed by lack of EQ/Room Correction, but really surprised that they've managed to keep the price down so low. Looking forward to reading what people have to say about it.

bikeman

« Reply #3 on: 5 Apr 2005, 03:03 am »
Quote from: jgubman

I was a little disappointed by lack of EQ/Room Correction, forward to reading

If this is an upgraded Sherwood 965 and it sure looks like it, it will come with room correction.  

David

jermmd

« Reply #4 on: 5 Apr 2005, 03:58 am »
Quote from: jgubman
I was really surprised that they've managed to keep the price down so low. Looking forward to reading what people have to say about it.

I hadn't seen the price posted.  How Much is it and is there a "family" discount?

Joe M.

jermmd

« Reply #5 on: 5 Apr 2005, 04:01 am »
$1099.
Sorry, I didn't catch the thread title. :oops:

Joe M.

KKM

« Reply #6 on: 5 Apr 2005, 03:06 pm »
The newsletter stated that the $1099 is good for 90 days as an introductory offer, but the unit won't be available for 30-45 days. They did not state when that 90 day countdown begins.

klh

« Reply #7 on: 5 Apr 2005, 03:56 pm »
I wonder how this (with either the Model 7100 or 770 amplifiers) will compare to other receivers and separates in the $2,000-3,000 price range. I remember reading lots of reviews on the Model 950/770 and Model 950/7100  that were mixed.

klh

« Reply #8 on: 5 Apr 2005, 04:02 pm »
I can't tell from the photo... are the balanced connections "in"s or "out"s? I presume their outs, but I can't tell. That would be convenient for hooking up a Behringer FBD for bass control (if one didn't want to use the ICBM).

klh

« Reply #9 on: 5 Apr 2005, 04:04 pm »
Sorry... the answer was in the first post  :oops: