FS Tyler Taylo Ref Monitor and custom steel stands 60 lb beasts .

2oldcranks

I have a pair of Tyler Taylos and custom steel stands that are the beefiest on this site for sale.

Taylos look average, hence i rate em a 5,but the play and sound like11s
small cosmetic issues here and there but look and sound great Many glowing reviews
they were 2500 new and use some of the best available drivers and crossover parts .You couldnt buy the parts for my asking price, and Ty builds some solid boxes ,these are 37lbs each
some surface spots where laminate is getting loose. They Look great from 3feet away Bottoms show most wear

I encourage local interested parties to contact me to listen to these and look em over
Rather not shipp and like to keep stands with speakers
Discount price for local sale of speakers and stands . WILL ACCEPT $750 for everything local sale :D
zip 48371

« Last Edit: 30 Mar 2022, 12:09 am by 2oldcranks »

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
Where are you located?

Specifications?  Manufacturer's links?  Reviews?  Age?  Did you buy them new?

Phil A

http://www.soundstagenetwork.com/revequip/tyleracoustics_taylo.htm   They are apparently older and I don't believe on the manufacturers site any longer

Mudslide

For more information, here is a link to a systematically detailed GTG report thread I did on the Taylo from back in 2010.  It was compared, by a crew of knowledgeable audio fans, to a half dozen like-priced monitors (such as the Salk Ellis 1801B, the Selah Verita, and a half dozen others).  Special guest was Dennis Murphy.

https://forums.audioholics.com/forums/threads/2010-great-northwest-gtg.67150/

These were solid, very nice speakers that competed fairly well with the other $2,000 gems.

2oldcranks

Thanks to those who posted links :thumb:To be perfectly honest when I find quailty audio gear local I usually know what im getting,but I dont know the specifics on these as they are used and there are no serial #s
If i can see and hear and verify sound quality,I dont much care about age when the quality is this high,
looks also take a back seat,I am buying them to listen to,My salks look like furnature and i MUCH prefer the asthetic of the "weatherd" tylers and massive rusted steel stands

Removed the "toe to toe " hyperbole,got a little sentimental,I have owned 3 diffrent pair of used Taylos all local Clist scores
Never liked any others nuf to get them again
Short story these are just butter smooth sounding EXCELLENT $700 speakers

Thanks All

timind

• permanent vacation
Taylor speakers have always intrigued me. Have to ask why you have the tweeter shorted? Looks very strange.

2oldcranks

Both drivers shorted when in room with other speakers playing