SP3 issues with handshaking

WillyP

SP3 issues with handshaking
« on: 10 Mar 2022, 10:30 pm »
Hello James,

After I bought new HDMI cables more than two years ago, handshake problems were a thing of the past. My SP3 locked within seconds.

Until now, that is. At first sight, everything seems to be OK because all LEDs are green, but there is no sound coming from the loudspeakers. I have to switch to another input of the SP3 and then back to the DVD input before I can hear sound.

My SP3 has the HSR-72Q HDMI board, and the firmware is version SP3_2018_04D-mpfs22.bin.

Here are my questions:

1. Do you have a suggestion, on how to solve these issues?

2. Will upgrading the firmware to version 2021.01a help? Which version should I use? I don’t see SP3_2021_01a_mpfs22.bin. The available options are JBL_2021_01a_mpfs22.bin and MCE_2021_01a_mpfs22.bin.

Thanks again for your support.

WillyP

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Re: SP3 issues with handshaking
« Reply #1 on: 11 Mar 2022, 12:43 am »
Hi Willy - an Adam question - atanner@bryston.com

james

drummermitchell

« Reply #2 on: 11 Mar 2022, 02:14 am »
I don’t have the sp3 but I can say this:
My bda-3dac and bdp-2 had this issue before everything is green to go even on the bdp-2 app on iPad/iPhone shows the track playing no fn sound.and this was just when the bdp was starting another track.
Amps are good ect ect.
What I had to do was power the bdp-2 down and reboot and I did the same for the bda3 just cuz.
When  re powered up the bdp2 everything came back .
Unplugged for about a minute seemed like forever.
Quite interesting really that aFKN computer can stay on 24/7 for years and no problem,but a bdp2 and I assume the 3 you have to unplug it for a bit.
Have had for at least 2-3 yrs unplug the bdp to reset whatever and this happens at least 4 times a year helloooooo.
My computer is at least 8 yrs old WTF and the bdp cost more than my computer.
Perhaps not to relevant but my arcam av8 has no glitches since 2006
Not as much computer parts but really is BS especially when a house hold computer can best the bdp2 or sp’s for reliability as far as computing what ever.
Definitely sometimes the old is light years ahead of the new  Been There Done it.

WillyP

« Reply #3 on: 11 Mar 2022, 11:17 am »
Hi Willy - an Adam question - atanner@bryston.com

james

Hi James,

Done! I have sent Adam a message. Again!

Willy

WillyP

« Reply #4 on: 11 Mar 2022, 11:25 am »
I don’t have the sp3 but I can say this:
My bda-3dac and bdp-2 had this issue before everything is green to go even on the bdp-2 app on iPad/iPhone shows the track playing no fn sound.and this was just when the bdp was starting another track.
Amps are good ect ect.
What I had to do was power the bdp-2 down and reboot and I did the same for the bda3 just cuz.
When  re powered up the bdp2 everything came back .
Unplugged for about a minute seemed like forever.
Quite interesting really that aFKN computer can stay on 24/7 for years and no problem,but a bdp2 and I assume the 3 you have to unplug it for a bit.
Have had for at least 2-3 yrs unplug the bdp to reset whatever and this happens at least 4 times a year helloooooo.
My computer is at least 8 yrs old WTF and the bdp cost more than my computer.
Perhaps not to relevant but my arcam av8 has no glitches since 2006
Not as much computer parts but really is BS especially when a house hold computer can best the bdp2 or sp’s for reliability as far as computing what ever.
Definitely sometimes the old is light years ahead of the new  Been There Done it.

Hi,

Thanks for your message. I know the trick with power down. For my BDA-3.14 it is nessecary about once a week. It works for my SP3 but only a very short time and then the problem returns. I have no idea why there are issues now. All went well for more than two years.

Willy
« Last Edit: 12 Mar 2022, 07:11 am by WillyP »