SOLD - Sansui SR-838 Direct Drive Turntable - $950 - Dallas - SOLD

Dieterle Tool

• I don't know what it is, but I wunt it.
I may regret this but I would like to sell my Sansui turntable. This is a great design employing a quartz servo controlled, direct drive motor and still competes favorably with newer, costlier rigs. The arm is first class with adjustment for azimuth, VTA, anti-skate and stylus alignment. Removable head shell and platter mat are original. I have original manual and a really cool original ad from 1977. It is in a unique, matt black frame with Sansui logo fastened to the top. The table holds speed and the arm, lift, anti-skate and counter balance weights all work as intended. The lid has the usual swirls and the gloss black finish has imperfections but no scratches or nicks. Just signs of usage over the last 43 years.

Price does not include shipping. It will be expensive and I would suggest making an offer INCLUDING shipping to your location. PayPal F&F included in price, if you would like to use protection services from PP, please add $40.00.

Pics aren't the best but I will take some specifics if requested. I also made a small video of start up and quartz servo control adjustment but having trouble loading.

Right now I have a Denon DL-103 mounted and aligned. It has plenty of life left. I could add this for an additional $50
First pic shows the original Sansui rubber mat (the cork mat and clamp shown in second pic are not included).

Please reply for additional pics or description.

« Last Edit: 5 Mar 2022, 05:09 am by Dieterle Tool »