Meatloaf dead at 74

Ice10

• Enjoy every sandwich
Re: Meatloaf dead at 74
« Reply #20 on: 22 Jan 2022, 02:35 am »
You don’t know that and neither does anyone else. His personal health decisions are none of your business, my business or anyone else’s business. Only his family and doctors know cause of death.

Your wasting your time vinyl lady.  The kool aid sippers know best…and you don’t even have to ask them, they’ll just tell ya’. 

Mudslide

« Reply #21 on: 22 Jan 2022, 03:38 am »
RIP Meat.  You provided some fine music that will play on.

Mudslide

« Reply #22 on: 22 Jan 2022, 03:49 am »
He might have been alive had he got vaccinated:

https://nypost.com/2022/01/21/meat-loaf-was-reportedly-anti-vaccine-before-dying-from-covid-19/

"Freedom" is great, until you die. He had asthma and was older.  Two strikes against him.  If anyone should have gotten vaccinated, it was him.

You almost seem happy he died so as to prove your beliefs.  Sad.

I saw Meatloaf in concert here in our small town.  The concert was GREAT...one of the best we've seen here.  And he seemed to be a genuinely nice person.

rocker9999

« Reply #23 on: 22 Jan 2022, 05:17 am »
THE INCOMPARABLE MEAT LOAF!
"BAT OUT OF HELL"  - THE NUMBER #3 BEST SELLING ROCK ALBUM OF ALL TIME - 43 MILLION COPIES!

THANK YOU MEAT!

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #24 on: 22 Jan 2022, 05:58 am »
Aday was a vocal opponent of masks and vaccines, which strikes me as sad.  I have my political beliefs but to it's stupid to die simply to conform to tribal identity.  As schlocky as he music was to me it was a link to my youth and some happy memories so I am sad at his passing.  I'm sadder still that John Prine, who almost certainly would have taken the jab, died of SARS-Cov-2 before there was any vaccine.  Meat Loaf is the HCA winner that saddens me the most.

GregC

« Reply #25 on: 22 Jan 2022, 06:43 am »
Aday was a vocal opponent of masks and vaccines, which strikes me as sad.  I have my political beliefs but to it's stupid to die simply to conform to tribal identity.  As schlocky as he music was to me it was a link to my youth and some happy memories so I am sad at his passing.  I'm sadder still that John Prine, who almost certainly would have taken the jab, died of SARS-Cov-2 before there was any vaccine.  Meat Loaf is the HCA winner that saddens me the most.

Can we PLEASE stop politicizing this tragedy???? At least we can all be in agreement that this is a big loss and sad to see a talented musician lost as such an early age.

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #26 on: 22 Jan 2022, 10:33 am »
It's not political at all.  It's a damn shame to be sure, tragic even.  And a reminder that actions have consequences in the real world.

twitch54

« Reply #27 on: 22 Jan 2022, 02:24 pm »
.  The kool aid sippers know best…

there ya go, pickin' on those audiophiles again, LOL !

PDR

• May the best man win
« Reply #28 on: 22 Jan 2022, 05:31 pm »
Can we PLEASE stop politicizing this tragedy????

Only one place in the world that this could be seen as political.
For the other 96%.......not so much.

RPM123

« Reply #29 on: 22 Jan 2022, 05:32 pm »
Can we PLEASE stop politicizing this tragedy???? At least we can all be in agreement that this is a big loss and sad to see a talented musician lost as such an early age.

"Early age"?  He was 74! I guess if one is in their 90's then 74 could be construed as an "early age".

Wayner

« Reply #30 on: 22 Jan 2022, 08:08 pm »
Loved Meat Loaf.

I believe cause of death is very relevant, especially when it was easily prevented. Unfortunate.

Martin

I have lost friends that were fully fascinated.

tull skull

• I can't send hare in search of anything!
« Reply #31 on: 22 Jan 2022, 08:52 pm »
He was such a dynamic performer. In some ways like my beloved Ian Anderson,  there was something much more going on in his mind theatrically than just singing the song. He was known to walk his own walk and conformity was not high on his character traits so he supposedly was quite the outsider when starting out.

I think he had some serious health issues for a while.

Did you know that he was in Dallas, Texas on November 22 in 1963? That's right.
He shares his JFK story here....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbJCjmEd6oE

vonnie123

« Reply #32 on: 22 Jan 2022, 09:03 pm »
"Early age"?  He was 74! I guess if one is in their 90's then 74 could be construed as an "early age".

Poor chap had some health issues over the past 10-15 years, but he certainly lived life to the fullest, and kept battling.

He got his money's worth.....  :D

GregC

« Reply #33 on: 22 Jan 2022, 09:23 pm »

I am 56 (and closer to that 74 mark), so it is all relative.  A large percentage of people who make it past 65 make it past 80, so I do consider that before his time.  Of course he lived life in the fast lane so that did not help.

keenween

« Reply #34 on: 22 Jan 2022, 11:23 pm »
His name is Robert Paulson. 🔥🦇🔥

Ice10

• Enjoy every sandwich
« Reply #35 on: 23 Jan 2022, 03:10 am »

there ya go, pickin' on those audiophiles again, LOL !

Well played!  No kool aid in this hobby.  :lol:

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #36 on: 23 Jan 2022, 04:23 am »
His name is Robert Paulson. 🔥🦇🔥

I think people forget Meatloaf was in Fight Club. 

GregC

« Reply #37 on: 23 Jan 2022, 05:09 am »
I think people forget Meatloaf was in Fight Club.

The first rule about Fight Club is you do not talk about Fight Club.