Nice little article on the 'Boom' !

twitch54

lazydays

Re: Nice little article on the 'Boom' !
« Reply #1 on: 9 Jan 2022, 11:37 pm »
I've been into vinyl for sixty years now. It may now be a nitch for newbies, but not for oldsters.

By the way, I collect colored LP's and picture discs. Never heard one that even slightly sounded good. Just kinda neat to take up space in your record racks. Years back a lady I know dropped by late one evening (she locked herself out of the house in the rain). She said she'd heard about my record player but where was it. I told her it right in front of her. That big silver thing. Will you play something? I sent he up stairs to pick out a couple LP's, and of course she comes down with the Beatles White Album in white! Told her she wouldn't like it! We played one side and then told her to go get another one and make sure it was black. She couldn't believe the difference. Then she said would you play this one (Bob Dylan's Blood On The Tracks). We went all the way thru the two LP's and drank a bottle pinot. Then she asked me what was my favorite?
I said Allman Brothers Live at the Filmore East. I did pull out Jennifer Warnes Famous Blue Raincoat, and played one side. She asked if the autograph was real, and I said of course . By now the rain had let up, and I took her back up the street to get in as I knew the garage door code. Next day Gloria and her dropped by to ask me to get her a turntable and set it up. She got a slightly used JVC Q Series semi auto with a Grado cartridge. Thru the years I've massed an 8K LP collection. Little bit of everything, but NO polka music Of this collection I have about 2500 jazz LP's About 3000 rock LP's and the rest is classical and C&W.
gary