HELP!!!!

LordCloud

HELP!!!!
« on: 29 Mar 2005, 05:07 pm »
I have a problem, my left side is GLORIOUS, but my right side has issues. The soundstage is far less dimensional and up close. When I do the out of phase test from the Stereophile test disc, the right side is far more prominant than the left. Any advice guys?

Ethan Winer

• Industry Participant
  • Audio expert
    • RealTraps - The acoustic treatment experts
Re: HELP!!!!
« Reply #1 on: 29 Mar 2005, 06:08 pm »
Cloud,

> my left side is GLORIOUS, but my right side has issues. <

Is your room symmetrical? Do you have absorption at the first reflection points on both side walls?

> When I do the out of phase test from the Stereophile test disc, the right side is far more prominant than the left. <

That doesn't mean much. When the polarity of one loudspeaker is reversed it's supposed to sound screwy. That's how you can tell if it's correct or not.

--Ethan

LordCloud

HELP!!!!
« Reply #2 on: 29 Mar 2005, 06:44 pm »
My room is symmetrical, the first reflection points are dampded. I wondered about the out of phase test because I always that that sounds were supposed to kind of sound real phasey and and give kind of a bad surround effect.

8thnerve

HELP!!!!
« Reply #3 on: 29 Mar 2005, 10:53 pm »
Quote from: LordCloud
My room is symmetrical, the first reflection points are dampded. I wondered about the out of phase test because I always that that sounds were supposed to kind of sound real phasey and and give kind of a bad surround effect.

Have any pictures or can you supply a diagram of your room including furniture, windows, drapes, etc.?

LordCloud

HELP!!!!
« Reply #4 on: 30 Mar 2005, 05:00 pm »
This is the best I can do, thanks in advance for the help.  

LordCloud

HELP!!!!
« Reply #5 on: 30 Mar 2005, 05:06 pm »
The dark rectangles are 2" acousic foam there are no windows in the room with the speakers, and the couch is behind and to the left of the speakers. To the right of my chair is the door to my apartment and a closet. To the left is a hallway. Thanks guys.