Subsonic Filter by DB Systems

gsilliman

Subsonic Filter by DB Systems
« on: 27 Dec 2021, 06:14 pm »
Hi - new member here. I'm curious if anyone has had experience with the subsonic filters sold by DB Systems. His gear is excellent and he doesn't seem to be the sort to sell a "snake oil" product, just wondering if anyone has used them and has any impressions. Thanks

firewall

• None
Re: Subsonic Filter by DB Systems
« Reply #1 on: 21 Jan 2022, 05:13 am »
Hi,

I bought two (2) first-order active crossovers from a different company. Just like DB systems but built better.

It appears this crossover uses a first-order crossover @ 25/27Hz.

Quite frankly, because that's such a soft slope, the chances of you hearing any difference in rumble is about zero (0.)

I used both a 30 & 20 Hz crossover with my linear BioTracer and could not hear a difference...when I turned the bass up, the same feedback came through (at around 115 dB @ 20 Hz.)

In any event, YMMV.

Can you return it if it doesn't work for you?

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #2 on: 21 Jan 2022, 01:32 pm »
..when I turned the bass up, the same feedback came through (at around 115 dB @ 20 Hz.)

You turned the bass up and increased volume to 115 dB at 20 Hz???  :o  I can't imagine how you did this, why, or how you measured it? 

I.Greyhound Fan

« Reply #3 on: 21 Jan 2022, 05:00 pm »
Yes, I bought a pair for my son and they fixed the rumble problem he had.  It did not take away anything from the sound quality except the rumble which was being caused by his speakers and sub being too close to his TT and the wood floors. It was so bad you could see the woofers chuffing.