Merry Christmas to Me

sjsfiveo

Merry Christmas to Me
« on: 26 Dec 2021, 02:45 am »
So I pushed my Magico's,Rel's and Luxman out of the way and slide in a pair of X3's and a Don Sachs integrated amp in.

loki7177

Re: Merry Christmas to Me
« Reply #1 on: 26 Dec 2021, 04:04 am »
Wow, two nice systems.  Please provide review with comparisons. 

minatophase3

« Reply #2 on: 26 Dec 2021, 04:22 am »
Congratulations on the new gear!  What Luxman is that, I am thinking about getting one.

sjsfiveo

« Reply #3 on: 26 Dec 2021, 05:18 am »
Luxman 590AXll

minatophase3

« Reply #4 on: 26 Dec 2021, 05:36 am »
Luxman 590AXll
Thanks, I hope to hear one of those in the next week or two.  Enjoy the new system!

geerock

« Reply #5 on: 26 Dec 2021, 08:54 pm »
That Valhalla is one serious piece of audio equipment.  Would love to hear your opinion on how it compares to your Luxman with the x3's.

DBT AUDIO

« Reply #6 on: 26 Dec 2021, 11:03 pm »
Luxman 590AXll
Beautiful setup and that Don Sachs piece looks awesome!  Please try the Luxman 590AXII with your X3s when you get some time because that’s the Luxman model that I’ve been researching for my X5s.  I’m interested in your impressions on the Luxman SS vs. Don Sachs tube integrated?

Thanks

DBT AUDIO

« Reply #7 on: 26 Dec 2021, 11:09 pm »
Thanks, I hope to hear one of those in the next week or two.  Enjoy the new system!
I’m interested in the Luxman 590AXII as well.  Let me know how it pairs with your Spatials if you get one to try with your speakers soon.

Thanks

sjsfiveo

« Reply #8 on: 27 Dec 2021, 03:07 am »
Will do when I get more time to compare.  I did hook up the 590 for a short time and was really impressed with its performance on the X3's.

minatophase3

« Reply #9 on: 27 Dec 2021, 04:03 am »
Noticed on the Luxman America site it says the L-590AXII has been discontinued, wonder what/when the replacement will be?

Very much looking forward to hearing what you think about it with the Spatial speakers. 

DBT AUDIO

« Reply #10 on: 27 Dec 2021, 05:21 am »
Will do when I get more time to compare.  I did hook up the 590 for a short time and was really impressed with its performance on the X3's.
Standing by…. :popcorn:

sjsfiveo

« Reply #11 on: 31 Dec 2021, 05:24 pm »
The Luxman pairs beautifully with the Spatials. I found it to warm, detailed, full bodied and very inviting. The Luxman has loads of power to spare so it drove the X3's with total easy and provided a total effortlessness to the music.

Bingenito

« Reply #12 on: 31 Dec 2021, 05:43 pm »
Killer room and colors man!

DBT AUDIO

« Reply #13 on: 31 Dec 2021, 06:24 pm »
The Luxman pairs beautifully with the Spatials. I found it to warm, detailed, full bodied and very inviting. The Luxman has loads of power to spare so it drove the X3's with total easy and provided a total effortlessness to the music.
Thanks for the update and that’s good to here.  I couldn’t wait any longer and decided to buy the Luxman L-509X!  I got it yesterday and it clearly outperformed my PrimaLuna EVO 400 preamp and power amp and the Luxman was still cold to the touch when I fired it up.  The reviews were correct about the Luxman this time around!

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #14 on: 31 Dec 2021, 07:01 pm »
As a tube lover myself, Luxman is one of the few SS amps I wouldn't mind owning.

sjsfiveo

« Reply #15 on: 31 Dec 2021, 07:37 pm »
Will be putting my 590 AX ii up for sale soon got to much stuff lol.

minatophase3

« Reply #16 on: 31 Dec 2021, 09:04 pm »
Gload to hear it pairs nicely!

Wonder how it would do with the less sensitive M4 Sapphires?  I think mine are 90db and the X3's are 97db. 

Mr. Big

« Reply #17 on: 31 Dec 2021, 09:08 pm »
Thanks for the update and that’s good to here.  I couldn’t wait any longer and decided to buy the Luxman L-509X!  I got it yesterday and it clearly outperformed my PrimaLuna EVO 400 preamp and power amp and the Luxman was still cold to the touch when I fired it up.  The reviews were correct about the Luxman this time around!

I owned Luxman, you made a good move and wait till it is on for several hours and then a few weeks later.  Leave it on 24 hours and then listen tomorrow again you will hear a good amount of change, it just gets better on what you like several hours from now.

Mr. Big

« Reply #18 on: 31 Dec 2021, 09:13 pm »
Luxman can bring tears to your eyes if you love Opera, the soul and feeling come right through, the hall also just makes for such a believable and emotional sound, all that a system should give you and rarely does be it tubes or solid state. Luxman makes great gear and for once you can see the value and the money you spent, just the built quality alone, and I can tell I've seen some gear ultra-expensive and not built to the level of Luxman, just take the cover off of them, Constellations comes to mind at 50K. 

minatophase3

« Reply #19 on: 31 Dec 2021, 09:19 pm »

Congratulations, looks amazing!