Dual sealed subwoofer?

Groundzero

Dual sealed subwoofer?
« on: 23 Dec 2021, 02:41 pm »
I was wondering if there are any existing build plans for a dual sealed subwoofer? I remember ages ago there was a sealed Super V build which I imagine had the right dimensions?

I'm interested in using one for HT/Music paired with X-Statics to get more output from a single cabinet. I have a large room but limited layout options so I'm trying to find the best single sub option. I've been digging around Rythmik's site which is how I landed on this idea. I was interested in dual 15", but Rythmik says they can overheat during music use. They have a dual 12" option listed on the GR Custom Install page with the HX800XLR3 amp, but oddly only the dual sealed option says "SW12-4 drivers" not "GR SW12-4". Does anyone know if this is typo, or does the dual option not use Danny's drivers?

On a slightly different note, if dual sealed subs do exist, would they pair well as non-OB speaker stands for NX-Studios?

Thanks

Danny Richie

Re: Dual sealed subwoofer?
« Reply #1 on: 28 Dec 2021, 02:11 pm »
I still have a few SW-12-08 woofers that can be paralleled onto one amp. That will make a good lower cost dual woofer option.

When building the boxes, just make two separate cabinets as per the plans online for the SW-12-04 woofers, but give them a common side wall. Then the top/bottom, and front/back panels can be cut from a single sheet.