Amp for Fritz Carrera's

VinceT

Amp for Fritz Carrera's
« on: 21 Dec 2021, 11:15 pm »
I just picked up a nice pair of Fritz Carrera's. Just wondering what amps are preferable? I have a pretty large room 25x23 that is open on both sides of the room and about 20 foot ceilings (yup a square). I know Fritz likes tubes with his amps, he is a super nice guy BTW.

Meicheng

Re: Amp for Fritz Carrera's
« Reply #1 on: 22 Dec 2021, 02:06 am »
I think that given the pretty big size of your room, you'd want to look at a KT88 or perhaps KT120 (tube) amp.  I much prefer the musicality of KT88 tubes, but that is somewhat of a personal preference.  Tube amps that come to mind are from Primaluna, Rogue, Erhard Audio and perhaps even BlackIce-Jolida.  You can go the integrated route, or get a power amp which requires a separate preamp.  I don't think EL34 or EL84 tubes would provide sufficient power to fill your larger listening area.   

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #2 on: 22 Dec 2021, 03:16 am »
AVA amps and Fritz speakers make beautiful music together. Ask either Fritz or Frank.  :thumb:

JackD

« Reply #3 on: 22 Dec 2021, 03:29 am »
I agree with the AVA match.  I run mine with the SET 400 and last I talked to him Fritz has a SET 400 and a Control amp.  Other good matches are the Belles Aria and the the Kinki EX-M1. Depends on the price bracket your shopping in as well as if you want an integrated or separate amp.