X-5's Paired With AGD Audion Mono Blocks?

consttraveler

• I think I won!
X-5's Paired With AGD Audion Mono Blocks?
« on: 28 Sep 2021, 05:38 pm »
Patiently waiting for my new X-5's to be delivered in about two weeks.  What do you all think of them being paired with AGD's Audion Mono Blocks?

Any down side?

MandrewsA

Re: X-5's Paired With AGD Audion Mono Blocks?
« Reply #1 on: 29 Sep 2021, 12:04 am »
Well, ConstTraveler, I sure hope there are no downsides to that combo, because that’s precisely what I’m thinking of pairing to form the heart of a new system I’m planning. The Audion’s wattage seems in line with Clayton’s recommendations, the available reviews seem almost fawning over the Audions, and their 30A of current on tap per channel should be plenty for dynamic range, especially since the bass is self-powered.
I’m very hopeful an X5/X3 owner soon pairs their speakers with Audions and reports their results in this forum.
Best of Luck to you!

consttraveler

• I think I won!
« Reply #2 on: 29 Sep 2021, 02:53 pm »
Thanks for the reply MandrewsA.  I pushed ahead and ordered the Audion Mono Blocks so the pairing will be real in about two weeks.  Can't wait for the break-in time to be over for both!

MandrewsA

« Reply #3 on: 29 Sep 2021, 04:14 pm »
Hey, Congrats!
I demand (hear that stompy-foot?) a full report, with Your impressions, and photos on the back with circles & arrows, as the song goes.
Seriously hope they are a wonderful experience for you.
Good Luck!

morganc

« Reply #4 on: 29 Sep 2021, 04:33 pm »
I don’t see how the combo would not be amazing but one never knows about synergy until you have all the pieces in place at home.  I’ve owned the Audions and had them paired with Zu Druids and they were sublime.  I’m betting you’re gonna love the combo.

kayakerf

« Reply #5 on: 2 Oct 2021, 02:19 am »
I had the same question a few weeks ago when i was considering the same combination but no one seems to have done this combo yet. So, please do share your experience.