Gaia II on Salk SS8

ckullmann1

Gaia II on Salk SS8
« on: 25 Sep 2021, 03:03 pm »
Is anyone using these footers on their SS8s?  I'm interested to hear how they're working out.  Also, would the passive radiator design of the SS8 go against the front-to-back design of the Gaias?  If anyone has pictures handy with these on their Salks,  I'd love to see them.

whopnyc

Re: Gaia II on Salk SS8
« Reply #1 on: 25 Oct 2021, 12:08 am »
I just borrowed 8 from my local dealer for my Encore 9.5 or whatever they may be called (mid from 9.5, everything else Encore). There's a very noticeable sound difference. So many people say the bass gets better and tighter.  I think I find it softened (less punch, not less tight) the bass too much on mine.  I never had an issue with loose bass so I wonder if many of the people touting these things had slightly flabby bass and these tightened it up? Or are Salk cabinets built differently so these aren't as needed (Jim would probably have to answer that)? I will also speculate that people who listen at louder levels will like these better. Think loudness button that boosts bass and the Gaia's remove that. I'm not a loud listener so maybe I like a livelier sound that sounds good at low levels but not at high levels? I have no clue. Just speculating.

whopnyc

« Reply #2 on: 25 Oct 2021, 12:14 am »
Adding one more thing...I haven't changed the placement of my speakers after installing so that could be the difference.  The Gaia's raise the speaker so first reflection point will be different and possibly the amount of bass from decoupling so repositioning would be needed. I may give it a try tomorrow.

wilbur_the_goose

« Reply #3 on: 12 Nov 2021, 02:09 pm »
I'm using them, and I really like the results.