626R upgrade DEAL!!

Wayne1

626R upgrade DEAL!!
« on: 22 Mar 2005, 03:01 am »
Brian has lost his mind.

Over the weekend, I learned that the MLS cabinet upgrade offer has gotten even better.

Owners of previous 626Rs with domestic cabinets were able to send their speaker back to the factory and get NEW MLS cabinets in incredible finishes for $400.00 plus shipping both ways.

Brian is NOW including the new 6 1/2" Megawoofer upgrade for the SAME price.

That's right. Send your old speakers back and get new cabinets and the $180.00 Megawoofers for $400.00 plus shipping. In most cases, shipping in the US is about $60.00 each way.

The Megawoofers are also included with the MLS cabinet upgrade on new 626R purchases.

I just sent my own pair of 626Rs back to the factory for the upgrade before Brian comes to his senses.

I will be getting Piano Black cabinets with the Megawoofers, Lambswool insulation behind the mid panels, and all BOLDER Cable internal wiring  :wink:

My current pair already had FSTweeters and Auricaps.

Brian is currently a bit backed up with export orders. I hope to have mine back in about 2 weeks.

If you have a pair of 626Rs and were thinking about upgrading, now is the time to act!

The $400.00 price for the MLS cabinets and Megawoofer upgrade is FIRM. There are no discounts available.

Brian Cheney

• http://www.vmpsaudio.com
mls
« Reply #1 on: 22 Mar 2005, 03:14 am »
When I made this offer I was feeling well.  I may reconsider, now that I'm sick again!

Tim S

626R upgrade DEAL!!
« Reply #2 on: 22 Mar 2005, 01:51 pm »
Since they are mostly the same parts if you are replacing the woofer, can you convert a pair of RM1's to the new MLS 626R's for that price? :)

Oh, just remembered, would also have to upgrade the tweeter too. Worth a shot anyway.

Tim

warnerwh

626R upgrade DEAL!!
« Reply #3 on: 22 Mar 2005, 04:55 pm »
I believe only the 626, RM 40 and LRC are available in MLS finishes.

Tim S

626R upgrade DEAL!!
« Reply #4 on: 22 Mar 2005, 08:56 pm »
I understood the RM1 doesn't come in the MLS cabinets. I was (at least half jokingly) inquiring whether I could convert to a 626 for just $400. . . I suppose all that would transfer is the midrange driver though so probably no dice.

Tim

Woodsea

626R upgrade DEAL!!
« Reply #5 on: 23 Mar 2005, 08:11 am »
Do I get an extension as I am in Mongolia until 12/2006?  I then will either be in dc for a few months or in central or south america.  I just cannot justify sending them off from here.

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
626R upgrade DEAL!!
« Reply #6 on: 24 Mar 2005, 02:25 pm »
Woodsea,

Send them through the frozon Bering Sea via the Trans Siberian Transport.

I am sure Brian will send a truck to Juneau to pick them up.  But you gotta hurry since ice is melting......... :mrgreen: