"Billie Eilish’s Happier Than Ever Debuts at No.1 With Massive Vinyl" Picthfork.

SET Man

Hey!

https://pitchfork.com/news/billie-eilish-happier-than-ever-debuts-at-no-1-with-massive-vinyl-sales-week/

Considering we are in the digital streaming world, the number of physical albums sold for this is pretty impressive, now even cassette tape!

I truly enjoy her previous album and still do today. Have been waiting for this this album to come out for sometime. I'm amazed and frustrated with the variant of the vinyl LP of this album. There are many "store exclusives" out there each have different colors, like here in the US Target have one in blue, Amazon have one in sage green and I think even TikTok also have one too! I bet many young people just buy all just to collect them.

Crazy! I'm still deciding which one to get. Yes, many audiophile would say get regular black vinyl but I've bought some album on color vinyl and they sound fine to me... although some albums are only release on color vinyl so I can't compare them to regular black vinyl. I have to admit that color vinyls look so pretty on my Transcriptor Hydraulic Reference turntable.

Well, a long shot but anyone here have this album on vinyl?

Buddy

Mike B.

I have her first CD. I have mixed response to the music she and her brother have created. To me it is a gimmick. Moody and far to much effects. I guess it is really tough being 18-19 year old millionaire? I don't see her going anywhere in terms of a long career unless she breaks out of the current formula.   

dwmaggie

• First memory of music was parents Zenith portable.
Virgin vinyl is clear.  Colored vinyl only adds some dye.  In the 50's thru the 70's unsold records were often ground up and added to the virgin black vinyl, results were bits of paper in the vinyl.  This would cause tics and pops.  in 1968, I purchased some very cheap records in Kaoshung, Taiwan.  The Taiwanese recordings were all bootlegs.  Due to their composition, they were good for 3 maybe 4 plays, the records did not contain any hardening agents and were very soft in the grooves.  In the 70's Euro imported records were the best, especially sound quality.  Imho virgin vinyl is generally the best recording.

viggen

i like her new album not a fan of her older stuff

Fuse

She is quite the heavyweight, talent-wise.

She also seems to have the golden egg-laying gift of making both teenage girls and creepy old men like us dig her. Not sure what I think about that...

routlaw

Not sure why anyone would want to listen to her music via vinyl given that it is so heavily produced digitally. Don't get me wrong I have a nice vinyl setup myself and really enjoy it and I actually like Billie Eilish's music although I'm probably too old for it. Clearly there must be something off kilter with me. Bought both of her albums @ HD Tracks but it would never occur to me to want to listen to this music on vinyl.

As far as her being an 18-19 year old millionaire she worked for it, was not born into it like some other pop stars. I totally appreciate that she and her brother completely produced this thing in their parents house by themselves and make no mistake this was not in some starter castle by any stretch of the imagination. I seriously doubt any of the major producers would have touched it before releasing their first effort but would love to get their hands on them now. True the music has heavy use of digital effects, but also done tastefully and very creatively. Finneas, the brother is obviously very adept at using Pro Logic and other software. I was struck by the music the first time I heard it on Radio Paradise and with a brief description provided also by a couple of old gray haired husband and wife team DJ's. Short time later we are hearing it again on the Apple TV+ version of Emily Dickinson. I think the music is a hoot, quite original and not something we have heard before, even if I am too old for it.

Happy listening be it vinyl or digital.