WTB: Turntable, CD Player, tape deck, vcr

Carlman

WTB: Turntable, CD Player, tape deck, vcr
« on: 21 Jul 2021, 11:39 am »
I'm looking for the following; and not in a desperate way, just if you want to get rid of it for cheap.

1- Turntable; Something like Rega Planar 1 or 2 with a nice cartridge. 
My current turntable is a Sony PSX600 full auto which I like but it's making a lot of noise and I don't know what it is.. motor, cart, ?  In the meantime, I'd like a slightly nicer one.  I'm floored at what used crap costs...

2- Nice cd player.  Something that would work as a great transport and pretty good cd player on its own.  I have a Pioneer dvd player as a transport.  I'd like a step up. I'm considering a Marantz 6006 but open to other ideas.  I like warmer sounding stuff. It needs to be something that'll last a while.  I don't know how/where to get CDP's fixed.  I prefer a little more modern stuff.  (less than 20 yr old)

3- Tape deck you're not using but has high quality.  I found some old tapes I'd like to play... Nakamichi, Onkyo, Pioneer are all good.

4- VCR that has a lot of life.  Prefer that is stereo.  JVC ideal.. Panasonic commercial grade is good too.

Let me know what you got... this is mostly to make a 'listen to anything' nostalgia system for fun.  Maybe I have something to trade... power cords, interconnects, etc.  Let me know what you need.

Thanks and hope everyone is doing ok.

-Carl

musicdre

• reality is the base
    • art site
Re: WTB: Turntable, CD Player, tape deck, vcr
« Reply #1 on: 21 Jul 2021, 11:51 am »
i have a Revox B126 CD player available.  Reported to have some Lampizator-inspired mods.   Nice sound.  Bargain price for the Circle = $250 + ship.   Drop a note if interested.

Carlman

« Reply #2 on: 21 Jul 2021, 12:16 pm »
Thanks!  I updated my cdp request a bit.  I like a little more modern cd player. 

Bob Stark

« Reply #3 on: 22 Jul 2021, 06:53 pm »
Hey Carl,

I have a very good system and I have a friend who just bought a very good sounding all in one--TT, arm, cartridge--brand new for under $400.  The brand Fluance has only been out for about 6 months.  They are out of Canada and have 6 models in their line.  The most expensive is still under $600.  The couple are mostly a change to an even better cartridge.  I've heard my friend's system with a good CD player many times and it always impresses me for a small system in a small room for its SQ.  He bought the RT-83 which is an 82 with an upgraded cartridge.  We had 5 of us listening in this 9x12 room--some standing, some seated--the sound was very sweet with excellent clarity and bass.  If you got one of these, you can do the instructions on setup in less than 20 minutes and be playing a record.  The delivery of the analog setup is free.  The Fluance has taken the mid level of the high end by storm since its release.  You can read quite a bit about it already.  The RT-82 is the sweet spot in the lineup.  There is no difference in the 82 and 83 except you get a better Ortofon cartridge with the 83.  They have lower models that have a built in phono preamp--although convenient and cheap, a low cost phono preamp sounds much better than the built in one. 

I have over $9500 if my analog setup if bought at list price, but have picked up many good deals used and basically built much of my Lenco 78 to the Jean Nantias/ Reference standards so it sounds incredible in my system.  I am very picky about what goes in my system and I recommended this same TT combo to my brother and his girlfriend.  The TT even has a real wood base with a high gloss finish and looks great.

I had never heard of this brand prior to my friend's purchase.  It's has to be better sounding than even a very good buy in the used market and you don't have to worry about it falling apart or parts crapping out with such good, but old brands like Dual, Philips, Technics, Denon--and non of these last I mentioned come with a good cartridge or any at all.

Bob

jackthecat121

« Reply #4 on: 24 Jul 2021, 10:47 am »
I have a Rega Planar 2. PM me for more details... Thanks.

Carlman

« Reply #5 on: 25 Jul 2021, 09:48 pm »
Quick update:
I found a transport.
My turntable may be repairable. 
I still need a cartridge.  (I prefer a high output moving coil design. )
Found a VCR.
Thank you all!

Carlman

« Reply #6 on: 1 Aug 2021, 08:03 pm »
All components have been found, thanks, all!