The Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard (2021) - a hot mess but still strangely enjoyable

WGH

Ryan Reynolds and Samuel L. Jackson team up again in The Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard, this time Salma Hayek, Antonio Banderas, Frank Grillo and Morgan Freeman join the all star cast in an action packed satirical, extremely foul mouthed comedy. Samuel L. Jackson is know for his cursing, he is really good at it but Selma Hayek is his equal and all the other actors try their best to keep up. The plot is crazy and there is enough blood and violence to satisfy any John Wick fan. Hayek is a spitfire and hot, hot, hot, she doesn't miss a chance to throw in a breast joke.

The actors are having fun with big budget stunts and fast action. The Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard is a love story although admittedly a very twisted one. It is not a movie to review critically, leave your critic's cap at home. It's a mid-summer blast and is utterly without redeeming social importance but it is also fun.

RT's reviewers are a grumpy group this month and give The Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard a 26% rating.
https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_hitmans_wifes_bodyguard

RogerEbert.com gets it and is one of a few reviewers to give the film a positive review
Amazon Prime's viewers give it 4.5 stars out of 5.
I'll split the difference and give it 3 stars and a popcorn.

:popcorn: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

qdrone

I liked it,Selma Hyeck has aged very well,thank god she took care of her uni brow. I must confess Ryan Reynolds is milking the Dead Pool wise crackery though,its starting to get so predictable. Loved the action and the fight scenes were done by the guy who choreographed John Wick. Two thumbs up.