Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro new for $140 ... not an add, really

Al Garay

Allright, so I have had a lot of stuff for sale recently. This is not one of them. In fact it is an outcome of my sales. I had 6 basically new XLR cables that I tried to see what I could get from my local Guitar Center. To my surprise, they gave me in store credit for the full retail price. It helped that I had all the original packaging and neatly put it all back together.

Anyways, I had my eye set on getting the best close headphones they had. The local expert said, the Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80ohm was their best, marked at $199. But he said they were willing to deal. That's music to my ears.  So, I offerred $140 (or $10 more than my in-store credit) and they accepted. The manager said that sales this month have not been good so they are allowed to accept reasonable offers.

Well, for being given full credit for my XLR cables and then a great deal on these headphones, I was ready to give high-fives to the whole staff. Once I got home, I immediately plugged them into my Squeezebox and listen to my usual songs.... my reaction was joy and amazement. These are incredible. They have extremely good balance. No heavy bass and no sharp, edgy highs. Very articulate, transperant, dynamic... all goodness. Comfortable. These are going to be perfect for listening at high-levels in the evening or in my office. A good replacement for my old Grado SR125s that I just sold. I realize the good deal does influence my perception. Why not.  Gotta love a good value on a top performing product.

So, go to your local Guitar Center and see if you can make a hot deal on something you might want. They're willing and dealing.

Al

milesbeyondjazz

« Reply #1 on: 19 Mar 2005, 01:01 pm »
I have to agree the dt770-80s are great phones.I got mine at Guitar center in Knoxville Tenn.Some people think the Dt770-80s have a little to much bass.(They are a tad boomy at first'but that settles down some after breakin).The thing I like about them is that they sound good with such a wide varitey of music.

sleepkyng

« Reply #2 on: 19 Mar 2005, 04:20 pm »
you can always mod them and take them to the dark side...

http://www.headphile.com/page8.html

:D