[SOLD]: Denafrips Gaia Digital to Digital Converter (DDC) -- $1199

newzooreview

UPDATE: Sold at asking price + shipping.

Hi,

I bought the Gaia new directly from Vinshine Audio this January (2021) and used it to bring coax to my Benchmark DAC3. It is exceptional and worked flawlessly.

I upgraded to a Holo May KTE DAC, and the USB input on the May is so well designed that the Gaia is no longer serving a purpose in my system. I connect USB directly to the May with excellent results.

If I needed to do any digital to digital conversion I would definitely hang on to the Gaia. From what I understand from the Denafrips website, the Gaia essentially provides the same level of digital domain signal handling as the Denafrips Terminator DACs, and, like the Terminator, it uses an oven-controlled femto oscillator to significantly minimize jitter.

Here is the relevant page on the Denafrips site with I/O photos and a description of features: https://www.denafrips.com/gaia

The cost new is $1700, and mine is in like new condition (it's just been sitting on the rack since I got it; I haven't been moving it around or plugging and unplugging things from it more than a handful of times.)

I am selling it for $1199 plus the cost of shipping. I am selling to shipping addresses in any of the 50 US states. Clarifying: payment would be by PayPal.

« Last Edit: 6 Jul 2021, 11:33 pm by newzooreview »