Crossover layout question

EdwardT

Crossover layout question
« on: 5 Jul 2021, 10:05 pm »
I’m building a pair of X-SLS speakers utilizing a flat pack. With the tube connector option I didn’t see a logical way to install the crossover at the base, as it is I can reach the connector mounts to route the wire but I can’t see the bottom. My plan is to utilize the area behind the woofer that’s just above brace 'B' and that’s significantly smaller than the area on the bottom of a set of X-LS Encore. My question: any reason I can't stack the biggest Sonicap on the low end inductor like this?

I have one more Miflex bypass cap to add across the L pad but it is still in transit.

corndog71

• Some people call me Rob.
Re: Crossover layout question
« Reply #1 on: 5 Jul 2021, 10:11 pm »
Looks ok to me.

Here’s how I did mine.

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #2 on: 6 Jul 2021, 04:21 am »
I split the crossover with the tweeter circuit on one board and the woofer circuit on another board then mounted them on opposite sides of the cabinet.

EdwardT

« Reply #3 on: 6 Jul 2021, 12:18 pm »
I split the crossover with the tweeter circuit on one board and the woofer circuit on another board then mounted them on opposite sides of the cabinet.
A good idea stymied by the No-Rez that’s been inside for the last week or so. But a good idea all the same.

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #4 on: 6 Jul 2021, 12:59 pm »
A good idea stymied by the No-Rez that’s been inside for the last week or so. But a good idea all the same.

Just peel the foam layer off and put the crossover board on top of the damping layer. That’s what I do.  I also superglue 1/8” thick rubber washers I get at the hardware store on the bottom of the boards as standoffs

EdwardT

« Reply #5 on: 6 Jul 2021, 02:55 pm »
That’s some creative thinking, I’ll need to mull over the continuous common wire from the tweeter to the tube connector but it’s really good to think over options. Thank you.