BOT ...?

rmurray

BOT ...?
« on: 2 Jul 2021, 02:35 pm »
  Hi  James . Is there any chance the  BOT will be reintroduced.? I would like to get a BDP3 and BDA3 and be able to play cds  one at a time. ..thanks. :thumb:

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Re: BOT ...?
« Reply #1 on: 2 Jul 2021, 04:05 pm »
  Hi  James . Is there any chance the  BOT will be reintroduced.? I would like to get a BDP3 and BDA3 and be able to play cds  one at a time. ..thanks. :thumb:

Hi

No sorry no plans for a future BOT.

james

rmurray

« Reply #2 on: 2 Jul 2021, 04:51 pm »
 So I pray you will continue the very fine BCD3. I have one now and it's a stellar performer. I am still realizing the small refinements that it has over  the former BCD1  :thumb:

jobiwon

« Reply #3 on: 6 Jul 2021, 03:26 am »
keep an eye out on usaudiomart and audiogon as BOTs pop up there occasionally

sep297

« Reply #4 on: 6 Jul 2021, 11:02 am »
Hi,

This is maybe the wrong forum for this but has anyone seen if the Melco D100 will work in a similar way to the BOT.

I was contemplating that as a CD transport for my BDA 3.14 and upgrade on my ripping setup as I need a new drive anyway. My other thought is the Jay's Audio CD Transport and something reasonable from Amazon for ripping, which I am now tending to do less often.

Regards

Stuart

gbaby

« Reply #5 on: 6 Jul 2021, 01:54 pm »

Once you get the BDP-3 and the BDA-3, you won't even think playing CDs.

rmurray

« Reply #6 on: 6 Jul 2021, 09:17 pm »
  Well the point and purpose for my concern is that I enjoy the "ritual" of playing records. :thumb: 

spinner

« Reply #7 on: 6 Jul 2021, 09:20 pm »
 Yeh , same here....keep spinin' :lol: :thumb:

jobiwon

« Reply #8 on: 6 Jul 2021, 10:10 pm »
If I am not mistaken you can purchase a 3rd party "external" DVD player and MM will mount & control it.

rmurray

« Reply #9 on: 7 Jul 2021, 12:16 am »
If I am not mistaken you can purchase a 3rd party "external" DVD player and MM will mount & control it.
...Thanks , that would be  good . I did see a try loading external Canon drive that is USB connected...but ,I would just as well stay with the all in one CD3...it's a marvelous player.. :thumb:

vonnie123

« Reply #10 on: 7 Jul 2021, 12:35 am »
I probably could be convinced to sell mine.  Silver face.

Functions great.  Just did a couple of rips yesterday to my BDP-2 external drive. 

PM me if you’re interested.

@rmurray

jobiwon

« Reply #11 on: 7 Jul 2021, 03:36 pm »
@vonnie123

Does your BOT ever drop off from MM or not be recognized ?  Sometimes I put in a CD and the 'eject' button does not appear and I can't backup (rip) a CD or play :scratch:.  I have to do a hard reboot on everything just to get it all back.  I think my situation might be related to switching from Roon enabled to MPD that causes the instability.

vonnie123

« Reply #12 on: 7 Jul 2021, 04:45 pm »
@jobiwon

Haven’t noticed that glitch on mine, but MM can be quirky, especially when you leave the BDP on for awhile.  My newer BDP-2s are far more stable.  When I had BDP-1s, I had to replace/refresh the internal CFs a couple of times. 

Here the CF reformat instructions for BDP-2 and BDP-1.   Bryston will also send you a formatted card for a fee.  Not sure if the same card is used for other models like 3.14 or pi.

http://support.bryston.com/downloads/BDP/BDP%20Manual%20Manic%20Moose%20Install.pdf

Francois_Tardif

« Reply #13 on: 7 Jul 2021, 06:29 pm »

vonnie123

« Reply #14 on: 8 Jul 2021, 01:02 am »
Do the ripping features integrate with your BDP-3?  Looks like a nice drive.

@francois_tardiff

Francois_Tardif

« Reply #15 on: 8 Jul 2021, 11:47 am »
Yes. The ripping feature works great. Nice drive... with blue led :-)

François

jobiwon

« Reply #16 on: 8 Jul 2021, 03:46 pm »
Yes it is a nice looking drive and there are several reviews on TheYoutubes about it.  If I had known about the capability I  might have sprung for that over the BOT as my BOT sets in an enclosure so you can't see the fancy Mah-Cheeened face plate anyway.

« Last Edit: 9 Jul 2021, 02:08 pm by jobiwon »

vonnie123

« Reply #17 on: 8 Jul 2021, 03:48 pm »
Yes. The ripping feature works great. Nice drive... with blue led :-)

François

Thanks.

Spyman

« Reply #18 on: 9 Jul 2021, 09:42 pm »
rmurray, a BOT just got listed today on AudiogoN for $700, silver face. You might check pit out if you’re still interested in getting one. Says it has been used only 3 times.

rmurray

« Reply #19 on: 9 Jul 2021, 11:02 pm »
rmurray, a BOT just got listed today on AudiogoN for $700, silver face. You might check pit out if you’re still interested in getting one. Says it has been used only 3 times.
....Thank you.... :thumb: