BDP 3.14 streamer update

steveoat

BDP 3.14 streamer update
« on: 25 Jun 2021, 08:36 pm »
In response to the review of the BDA 3.14 in Audiophile Style, Gary Dayton mentioned that you are working on a brand new user interface for the 3.14.

I'm wondering what the status of this is.  When can we expect an update, and would will it include?

Thanks,

Bruce

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Re: BDP 3.14 streamer update
« Reply #1 on: 25 Jun 2021, 10:54 pm »
In response to the review of the BDA 3.14 in Audiophile Style, Gary Dayton mentioned that you are working on a brand new user interface for the 3.14.

I'm wondering what the status of this is.  When can we expect an update, and would will it include?

Thanks,

Bruce

Hi Bruce

There is nothing in the works currently so I would say its a ways off.

james

Highendfool

• It is what you think.
« Reply #2 on: 18 Jul 2021, 03:19 pm »
I just ordered a new 3.14 in black. Anxiously looking forward to hearing it. Wondering why everyone seems to dislike the Manic Moose ! I guess I’ll see if I agree soon! 👍

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #3 on: 19 Jul 2021, 10:45 am »
I just ordered a new 3.14 in black. Anxiously looking forward to hearing it. Wondering why everyone seems to dislike the Manic Moose ! I guess I’ll see if I agree soon! 👍

It was nice to see this quote from the recent review from Sound-Rebels on the BR-20  :thumb:

"The streaming services are also available, after logging in to your [on-line streaming services] accounts,  thanks to an extremely intuitive interface ... Manic Moose."   

gbaby

« Reply #4 on: 19 Jul 2021, 05:33 pm »

There is nothing in the works currently so I would say its a ways off.

james

Good, because as far as I'm concerned, there is nothing wrong with Manic Moose.

gbaby

« Reply #5 on: 19 Jul 2021, 05:34 pm »

It was nice to see this quote from the recent review from Sound-Rebels on the BR-20  :thumb:

"The streaming services are also available, after logging in to your [on-line streaming services] accounts,  thanks to an extremely intuitive interface ... Manic Moose."   

I agree.

GSDaudio

« Reply #6 on: 20 Jul 2021, 04:44 pm »
Manic Moose is fine.    But don't you need to go to a 64 bit architecture to maintain MPD and other associated software/hardware  that MM is built on?

Just curious.

Cheers!