Bryston BR-4 remote control questions

R. Daneel

Bryston BR-4 remote control questions
« on: 17 Jun 2021, 03:32 pm »
Hello James and/or anyone else who can help!

I have a few questions regarding the BR-4 remote control. I own a BDP-2 digital player and a BDA-2 D/A converter so my questions apply only to these devices:

1. Can I use the BR-4 for basic transport controls of the BDP-2: Play/Stop, Pause, FF/Rew?
2. Can I use the BR-4 to select between all 8 digital inputs on the BDA-2 and to turn On/Off it's Up-Sample function?
3. Would you rather recommend the 'old' BR-2 for these particular devices or can the new BR-4 do everything the BR-2 does?
4. What is the retail price of the BR-4 compared to the BR-2?

Thanks a lot!

Cheers - Antun

gil99

Re: Bryston BR-4 remote control questions
« Reply #1 on: 18 Jun 2021, 12:47 am »
Hi,
Yes to all your question. I use mine with the Bdp-1 & Bda-1.  If I remember the price was $175.00. I believe the BR-2 is now discontinued. The br-4 work very well, really like it. You need to enter a code for your components if it is not working when you receive it. I had to contact them.  A manual is now available I beleive.

R. Daneel

« Reply #2 on: 19 Jun 2021, 10:49 am »
Hi,
Yes to all your question. I use mine with the Bdp-1 & Bda-1.  If I remember the price was $175.00. I believe the BR-2 is now discontinued. The br-4 work very well, really like it. You need to enter a code for your components if it is not working when you receive it. I had to contact them.  A manual is now available I beleive.

Hi and thanks for the reply!

That pretty much answers all my questions, thank you!

Cheers - Antun

Francois_Tardif

« Reply #3 on: 23 Jun 2021, 05:39 pm »
Hi,

The BDA-3 has the following buttons: (1) UPSAMPLE, (2) OPTO, (3) HDMI-1, (4) HDMI-2, (5) HDMI-3, (6) HDMI-4, (7) SPDIF-1,  (8) SPDIF-2, (9) EAS, (10) USB-1, (11) USB-2.

The BR-4 remote has the following buttons: (1) UPSAMPLE, (2) OPTO-1, (3) OPTO-2, (4) SPDIF-1, (5) SPDIF-2, (6) SPDIF-3, (7) SPDIF-4, (8) AES, (9) USB.

So, is it possible to program the BR-4 remote to control the BDA-3 buttons?

Also, is it possible to control a CD player from another brand? (mine is an Audiolab).

François

fbny71

« Reply #4 on: 9 Sep 2022, 03:16 pm »

Also, is it possible to control a CD player from another brand? (mine is an Audiolab).

François

I'd love to know the answer to this one as well...anyone?