~OFF~ Musical Design T-100 Elite Ultra hybrid amplifier

Sense63

~OFF~

For sale is an excellent Musical Design T-100 Elite Ulta hybrid amplifier with black front. I’ve got the paperwork from the original owner (I’m the 2nd owner) which details the upgrades. This is an excellent sounding amplifier, but I’ve gone to an integrated amp. I’ll conservatively rate it 8/10 for age and two slight circular marks (think rubber circles) where it appears another component was sitting on top of it.

For clarification, my unit is an early upgrade to Elite Ultra status and after talking to John Hillig on 11/15/21, he said the initial upgrade did not include the 3rd toroid transformer. That was changed in an update a couple years later. The difference is minor sonically. He also mentioned that there was a voltage change in this unit for the tube section meaning you could use tubes other than 6922’s. It currently has 6h30’s running. I’ve included a picture of the inside to verify the upgrades.
——————————————————————————————————-

T-100 is our new 100W/CH hybrid power amplifier with 6922 SRPP tube front-end and MOSFET output devices. Each channel sports a tubed SRPP amplifier to achieve low distortion, wide bandwidth, linear/symmetrical wide voltage swing and great sound. There is no global feedback, actually no feedback at all. The sound is surprisingly solid and clean at the lowest octaves revealing an amazingly similar sound to our all solid-state version DM-100C. There is a defined, clean sound in the mids and top as you might expect from tubes. The real beauty is the level of textural definition combined with a soft delicacy of the sort you might expect from a very expensive all-tube amp. Speed and delicacy in one package.

Brimming with dynamic, vivid sound - SRPP tubed driver stage - symmetrical, linear, low distortion
Solid, clean bass that you hear and feel. Impossibly great bass with tubes!
Power MOSFET output stage is rugged and reliable, yet delicate sounding.
Large Power Supply - Tube power supply is impressive with “preamp power supply quality”
Toroid power transformers for tube and MOSFET sections, double contact power switch and twin fuses
Gold-Plated, Teflon® RCA jacks, Gold-plated, hi-current 5-way binding posts even on standard version
IEC Power cord socket for alternative power cords

——————————————————————————————————-

Original price with upgrades- $3650
Asking- $1795

Price is fair, especially for an amp of this quality. I have the original double box and manual. No trades.

Shipping would be a flat $85 to the lower 48. PayPal would be extra unless using friends/family option.

I have perfect and extensive feedback on audiogon under the username “sense63” and on USaudiomart under username “Mascott”, so buy with confidence.

https://www.musicaldesign.com/MD_T100.html

« Last Edit: 14 Dec 2021, 04:26 am by Sense63 »

Sense63

Re: FS: Musical Design T-100 Elite+ hybrid amplifier
« Reply #1 on: 10 Jun 2021, 09:08 pm »
Bump for price reduction to $2150.

Sense63

« Reply #2 on: 3 Jul 2021, 03:17 am »
Price drop to $1950.

Sense63