Anyone in or near Wisconsin with NX-Otica's or NX-Treme's?

subsonic1050

• Restricted
Hello all! New to this forum but very much not new to audio. I have never forayed into the DIY speaker world but that's the type of thing that is right up my alley. I've been a woodworker for around 20 years and would have no trouble building the speakers (at least the cabinet part - the crossovers might be a different story!) but have no idea how these speakers sound. My current setup is in a 14x19 foot theater room that I have extensively treated and the equipment is a Lyngdorf TDAI-2170 with Maggie 1.7i's and 2 Paradigm X15 subs.

I am absolutely in love with the transparent, airy sound from the Maggie's, but there are also obvious deficits. I'd really love the chance to hear some of these speakers - or even the X-statik's to get some idea of the sound I'll get. I live in Eau Claire, WI - is there anyone within a 3 or 4 hour drive of me that would be willing to let me come and take a listen? I'd also appreciate input from anyone who has heard these speakers and can compare them to the Maggie's and sort of has an idea whether they will deliver something similar in terms of that "airiness" they produce.

Thanks for any and all help!