I bought the X3! Now what?

Chewbacca

Re: I bought the X3! Now what?
« Reply #40 on: 4 Jun 2021, 12:21 pm »
Did you receive them yet? I hope so.

My X5's are now 8 weeks in the queue.

Marcus bought his X3's after I ordered my X5's and received them in 4 weeks. Looks like we should have ordered X3's? :)

I think that getting parts is challenging for bespoke manufacturers these days.

Good things are worth waiting for.

https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=176441.0 :thumb:

Desertpilot

• Retired
« Reply #41 on: 4 Jun 2021, 03:04 pm »
Here's why I got them sooner.  Clayton called me to inform me that he was out of Ultralam panels.  His order was awaiting customs in NYC.  Clayton said he could build mine using his "special design" MDF.  He said the red satin paint would look way better on MDF and he assured me there would be no audio difference from the ultralam.  Based on his assurance, I said okay.  Meanwhile, as of a couple weeks ago, his Ultralam order arrived and they are back in production.

Marcus

doggie

« Reply #42 on: 4 Jun 2021, 04:29 pm »
Here's why I got them sooner.  Clayton called me to inform me that he was out of Ultralam panels.  His order was awaiting customs in NYC.  Clayton said he could build mine using his "special design" MDF.  He said the red satin paint would look way better on MDF and he assured me there would be no audio difference from the ultralam.  Based on his assurance, I said okay.  Meanwhile, as of a couple weeks ago, his Ultralam order arrived and they are back in production.

Marcus

Thanks Marcus. I have been keeping up with your journaling and am getting, for now, vicarious happiness from it!

Desertpilot

• Retired
« Reply #43 on: 4 Jun 2021, 10:02 pm »

Thanks Marcus. I have been keeping up with your journaling and am getting, for now, vicarious happiness from it!

Thank you so much for your comment.  I don't want to "spam" everyone with comments so I try to make sure they are worthwhile.  When you get your X5s, you are going to love them.  Setup, to find that perfect sweet spot, will consume you for days.  But, you will enjoy every delicious minute.

Marcus