Tyler Acoustics Linbrook Signature Speakers

Freo-1

Re: Tyler Acoustics Linbrook Signature Speakers
« Reply #20 on: 25 Mar 2021, 08:03 pm »
I view Tyler products as entry level audiophile speakers. Once you get a taste for the good life, you move on to try other speakers.

Not sure about that.  The guy I bought these from obtained another set of Tyler floorstanders,  which are larger,  hence deeper bass. His electronics are Class A stereophile recommended components,  including a pair of 33,000.00 LAMM monoblocks.   

sunnydaze

« Reply #21 on: 25 Mar 2021, 08:04 pm »
I view Tyler products as entry level audiophile speakers. Once you get a taste for the good life, you move on to try other speakers.

Why entry level??    :scratch:

That surely doesn't jibe with the OP's supremely complimentary review above.   I could be wrong but I get the sense from the quality of his associated gear that he is probably quite experienced and has likely owned some very good stuff, and is beyond "entry level".

dflee

« Reply #22 on: 25 Mar 2021, 08:52 pm »
If Freo is entry level then I'm Pop Werner.
That man has had SOME equipment over the years.
And yup, I'd say the man has pretty good taste too.

Don

Freo-1

« Reply #23 on: 25 Mar 2021, 10:21 pm »
Cheers for that, Don.  Much appreciated.

Randy

« Reply #24 on: 25 Mar 2021, 10:55 pm »

Like what, for instance?

Early B.

« Reply #25 on: 25 Mar 2021, 10:57 pm »
Relax guys. By entry level, I meant from an affordability perspective. At their price point, it's a great way to get into high end gear.   

Like I said, they're great speakers. I was responding to sunnydaze's query about why they aren't more popular and gave my opinion that people try 'em and move on. That's been my personal experience and that of the three other audiophile friends I know who've owned them. Of course, that's what audiophiles do -- trade out gear, so no surprise there. However, I don't see a lot of people holding onto Tylers for many years. That's not a bad thing 'cause clearly there's a market for them and Tyler has been in business for a long time.

Early B.

« Reply #26 on: 25 Mar 2021, 10:57 pm »
double post...

Mudslide

« Reply #27 on: 25 Mar 2021, 11:26 pm »
This may only be of tangential interest.  Nevertheless...

A few years back we ran a semi-rigid, double-blind comparo of a number of ~$2,000 stand mount speakers. I wrote up a lengthy report for another audio forum that compared the Tyler Acoustics Taylo monitor to 7 or so other stand mount speakers.  We had a gaggle of audiophiles run through an all-day comparo of 8 ~$2,000.  The report is quite lengthy and detailed, including measurements.  The Taylo was preferred almost as much as the top selection Salk Ellis 1801.  (Anyone interested in the full report can PM me.)

I agree with others here who believe that the Tyler Acoustic speakers are excellent value speakers.  Plus, in my experience, Tyler is a really nice guy.

Here are a few of the personal, experiential comments with regard to the format subjects. 

TYLER TAYLO

These lovely Taylos represented another pair with stunning good looks. The burled maple veneer was impeccable. The audition team seemed to think that this pair also matched its beauty with its attitude via some across-the-board praise. Finding reviews of Tyler Acoustic speakers is difficult. Hopefully we can add to the library as they are worthy competitors. (Introduction, written 2010 - Mudslide.  These were but a few of them many commentaries.)

Resolution - Resolution comments ranged more than any other elements, but were still excellent. "Full-bodied, but bit forward", "Bit hot", "Detailed and lifelike", "Piano artificial sounding", "Very good".

Bass - I guess you have to love the Seas driver and cabinet integration. "Perfect", "Natural", "Nicely extended".

Midrange - I'll let the comments do the talking. ""Man, these are GOOD", "Superb and balanced", "Natural if just a bit forward", "Excellent".

Transparency - This element may suffer from the same issue that limited consensus on Resolution. "Neutral, but not airy", "Not as clean", "Very good".

Transients - And the Taylos are back to consensual comments from the team. "Not bad", "Clean", "Live sounding", "Nice".

Visceral Impact - Overall, this was a very strong performer for impact with perhaps the best reports. "Got me involved", "Great", "Very good".

Soundstage - For some reason, the Taylo pair was another that overcame the multiple off-axis listener perspectives. "Excellent!", "Live", "Nothing overdone", "Very good".

Dynamics - This pair is showing itself to be a top quality loudspeaker. Dynamics were also seen by the team as near fabulous. "Very good", "Snappy", "Good...maybe a touch hot", "Superb".

Other Comments - "I like these", "Natural sounding, perhaps a little muddy", "I'd be surprised if these weren't tower speakers", "Excellent".

NoDisco

« Reply #28 on: 26 Mar 2021, 12:14 am »
Did not know they still made them

Ern Dog

« Reply #29 on: 26 Mar 2021, 03:19 am »
I had the 2 piece Linbrook signatures for a few years and loved them. Ty was awesome to work with and very responsive.  I ended up moving onto Coincident total Eclipse II and have been happy with them for the past 6 years. They are a very nice upgrade in all ways. Next up is possibly Spatial X5 😍

Freo-1

« Reply #30 on: 26 Mar 2021, 02:55 pm »
One thing I've noticed with this pair of speakers is that they seem to sound even better than other Tyler speakers I've heard in the past.  My guess is that this is likely due to the upgraded wiring and crossover parts with this set over standard.  Ty puts in quality parts in all his speakers, but, the upgraded wiring/caps/inductors do seem to improve clarity, imaging, etc. 

genjamon

« Reply #31 on: 26 Mar 2021, 04:52 pm »
That's awesome he's willing to do custom crossover parts.  They certainly do matter quite a bit.