Denovo sub box

howard1818

Denovo sub box
« on: 16 Mar 2021, 05:55 pm »
Looking at building a sub 2 and was curious to see if anyone has used a knock down box from Parts Express by Denovo. 1.5 cu ft. I don't have a way to cut my own box, this one I could just glue up. Thanks

corndog71

• Some people call me Rob.
Re: Denovo sub box
« Reply #1 on: 16 Mar 2021, 07:07 pm »
Looks doable.  I would still invest in some No Rez from Danny.  Plus you'll still need some poly fill or fiberglass for inside the cabinet. 
I'm not sure the Rythmik A370 would fit that box.  You would definitely need to cut that rear brace.  It might be better to build an amp frame (Like Captainhemo sells) and mount that to the rear of the cabinet.

howard1818

« Reply #2 on: 16 Mar 2021, 07:11 pm »
Thanks I was going for the no rez and poly fill and thought it would be easier to have the amp outboard. thanks

Danny Richie

« Reply #3 on: 17 Mar 2021, 01:15 pm »
The PE box is lightly made and just uses an X brace. Our servo sub would light that thing up.

Killian just programmed the sealed box version this last weekend. So a CNC cut version in a flat pack is available now.

howard1818

« Reply #4 on: 17 Mar 2021, 06:43 pm »
Thanks that flat pack looks great but with that the sub 2 kit a sheet of no rez and shipping looks like I could save and get a fully assembled one through Rythmik. Are those put together with GR specs?

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #5 on: 17 Mar 2021, 07:20 pm »
I found this review that shows pics of the F12G including the insides, measurements etc.

https://www.erinsaudiocorner.com/loudspeakers/rythmik-f12g-direct-servo-subwoofer/

Its not built to the same specifications as Dannys, or even the L12, which I have, but it's a much larger cross brace and jas a lot more stuffing than my L12 was stock. But it definitely looks thick.

howard1818

« Reply #6 on: 18 Mar 2021, 03:22 pm »
Thanks I may go with the L12 after reading your experience with it. The upgrade seems pretty simple and it would get me closer to getting 2 of them. You still happy with it? I didn't understand about you rewiring it.

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #7 on: 18 Mar 2021, 03:42 pm »
Thanks I may go with the L12 after reading your experience with it. The upgrade seems pretty simple and it would get me closer to getting 2 of them. You still happy with it? I didn't understand about you rewiring it.

With mine, I upgrade the wiring & installed Norez if I were to do one thing differently, would be to add some angle braces in the cabinet, much like Tyson did with his Klipsch Forte 3 upgrade.

But you can see in my process in the link below. The wiring upgrade isn't necessary, cuz i did make a mistake that I had to fix, but I'm still glad i did it for my own personal satisfaction. (Also be sure to have PC thermal grease/paste on hand. I used Noctua NT-H1 paste cuz i had it on hand from PC building, but any non-conductive/non-adhesive should work just fine.)

https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=170887.msg1821494#msg1821494

corndog71

• Some people call me Rob.
« Reply #8 on: 18 Mar 2021, 03:59 pm »
http://www.rythmikaudio.com/F12G.html

This is the one you want.

howard1818

« Reply #9 on: 18 Mar 2021, 04:30 pm »
In a perfect world

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #10 on: 18 Mar 2021, 04:39 pm »
For a "budget" unit the L12 is a fantastic sub. A little limited vs the A370PEQ amp, but a single sub still has plenty of functionality and power for most any room.