~SOLD~ Border Patrol Control Unit EXD (preamp) w/ remote

Sense63

~SOLD~

For sale is my excellent BP tube preamp Control Unit with EXD upgrades and remote control.  Needless to say, the sound quality is amazing and the best that I've heard in this price range.  Great sound stage, extremely musical and detailed. The winner of a prestigious HiFi Choice Editors Choice award and featured in the HiFi Choice Collectors Edition, the BorderPatrol Control Unit is a high quality tube pre-amplifier that combines the very best tone and resolution coupled with the ability to swing real dynamics and remain graceful and composed on all music programs. The super low noise floor reveals nuance and inflection that is lost by other designs and brings the listener closer to the players.

Staying true to the BorderPatrol design ethos, an elegantly simple triode audio circuit constructed with top quality components is fed by a sophisticated over-engineered power supply unit. Housed in a heavy gauge copper chassis, the point -to-point hard wired audio circuitry is mounted on a hardwood sub-chassis.

Specifications
Single stage triode line-stage pre-amplifier.
Zero negative feedback.
Hard wired audio circuit.
Copper chassis.
Tube rectified LCLC choke input filter PSU.
Inputs: 5 x line level inputs marked as Phono, CD, Tuner, Line and Tape but any line-level component such as a DVD player or VCR can be used.
Outputs: 2 x outputs to facilitate bi-amping or connection to an active subwoofer.
1 x tape out. This output can also be connected to 5 channel processor.
Frequency response: -3dB 7Hz-200kHz.
Input voltages: 0-220-230-240V or 0-110-115-120V
Recommended Interconnect length: <5m. Low capacitance interconnects are recommended.
Dimensions: 450mm x 350mm 120mm
Comes with OBM, remote and power cord.  I'll rate it an 8/10 for age, but as you can see, it's in excellent condition.

Retail is: $10,000 Asking: $3900

All reasonable offers will be considered.

I'll include shipping to the lower 48 at my asking price.  Shipping from Indiana (46385) Paypal extra unless using f/f option.

« Last Edit: 30 Mar 2021, 01:26 am by Sense63 »

Sense63

Re: FS: Border Patrol Control Unit EXD (preamp) w/ remote
« Reply #1 on: 19 Mar 2021, 06:25 pm »
Price reduction to $3900.
« Last Edit: 26 Mar 2021, 01:37 am by Sense63 »