Adding a center channel to my 2.1 setup, dumb idea for vinyl?

Gtownwarhawk84

I currently have Luxman R117 playing left and right channel on system A but I was thinking of adding a center channel speaker on system B and then pushing A+B configuration button on the receiver since I found someone selling an LSA LCR to match my LSA-2 towers in rosewood. Would that ruin the stereo sound when I spin? I also have a powered 12in cheapo klipsch sub plugged into the preout.

Maceo23

Not a good idea.  If you're not getting a good centered image, you have some speaker placement work to do.  I would put that money towards a better sub if your current one isn't doing it for you.

twitch54

Not a good idea.  If you're not getting a good centered image, you have some speaker placement work to do.  I would put that money towards a better sub if your current one isn't doing it for you.

100% correct, ditch the Klipsch sub ......

mick wolfe

I agree with those who have posted already. Forget the center channel and move on to a REL sub. (or 2)
« Last Edit: 3 Mar 2021, 04:28 pm by mick wolfe »

Gtownwarhawk84

Thanks everyone!

Digi-G

It looks like you already have a concensus, but I just wanted to add something.  I've got a 5.1 system that I love and use quite a bit for music playback.  I always felt the default setting for the center channel was too loud and actually robbed some of the imaging I was able to achieve with my front 2 speakers.  When I say imaging, that includes depth in particular.  Others here have said the opposite, but that's been my experience.

I agree about getting a better sub, though I have to admit that I'm not familiar with the Klipsh you have.  All I know is that I LOVE my SVS sub and wouldn't give it up.