AV-3s For Sale

KenV

AV-3s For Sale
« on: 10 Mar 2005, 12:38 pm »
1 pair of GR Research AV-3s for sale in unfinished MDF.
Yours to finish as you desire.
Well constructed by woodworker with roundovers on all edges.
Have cap upgrade.
Original owner and builder completed 11-03.
Would prefer local pickup in DFW Texas Metroplex, very heavy.
Asking $350.00.
Contact me at kvallia@netzero.net

george king

AV-3s For Sale
« Reply #1 on: 10 Mar 2005, 03:30 pm »
Ken,

I emailed you.  A quick question though.  Are these the newer (5.25" woofer) or older (6.25" woofer) AV-3 speakers.

Thanks,

George

p.s., I live in FW

KenV

AV-3s For Sale
« Reply #2 on: 10 Mar 2005, 03:43 pm »
George:
The newer M-130 5.25" woofers.
Thanks.
Ken
Are you on the faculty at TCU?
I'm a band director in Plano ISD.

george king

AV-3s For Sale
« Reply #3 on: 10 Mar 2005, 05:14 pm »
ken,

yes I am on the faculty at tcu.  I will email some more about coming by sometime next week

ken

AV-3's for sale
« Reply #4 on: 16 Mar 2005, 08:40 pm »
Have these been sold yet or is there a sale pending.  I know you prefer a local sale but if they're still avaiable I just might be interested.   8)

Ken

KenV

AV-3s For Sale
« Reply #5 on: 17 Mar 2005, 02:56 am »
Ken:
Sale pending.
Check back over weekend, just in case.
Thanks.
Ken

rkapadia@ROOP

• Industry Participant
AV-3s For Sale
« Reply #6 on: 19 Mar 2005, 12:31 am »
Hello,

I'll buy them if for some reason the sale doesn't work out.

Thanks,

Rupesh

george king

AV-3s For Sale
« Reply #7 on: 20 Mar 2005, 04:32 am »
sorry folks, I bought them.  Let me say that Ken's work is outstanding.

However, more than that these speakers are absolutely amazing.  I have had the AV-1's for awhile now, and thought they were great.  The AV-3s are in another class altogether.  These are effortless open, detailed speakers.  Truly an amazing design and piece of work.  These may be the only front speakers I will need for a long long time.

Keep up the good work Danny. :mrgreen:

ken

av3's
« Reply #8 on: 20 Mar 2005, 06:26 am »
George;

It sounds like you got one hell of a deal on these.  I think Danny sells just the kit for almost the same price you paid for both the enclosures and the kit - Assembled!   I also have the AV-1's which I really like and would love to hear the AV-3's   If only I could make the enclosures I would purchase the kit tomorrow.  Maybe I'll take up woodworking in the near future :lol:   You may want to try Danny's trinity braid speaker cables.   I believe you can still demo these before buying .  I purchased a pair and they do take a while to break in but do sound pretty good and  found they were a nice match with the AV-1's  and probably with the AV-3's as well.  Happy listening

george king

AV-3s For Sale
« Reply #9 on: 21 Mar 2005, 07:35 pm »
Yes, it was a heck of a deal.  $350 for a pair of unifinished AV-3's with the caps upgrade.  It really was a no brainer.  I am just more and more impressed with these as the days pass.  They handle everything I throw at them.

Danny is right, for most types of music, you wont need a sub, unless you like organ music.  Just run them full range, and you are set.

I guess the best description of these is open and effortless.  The music just naturally flows out of the speaker, with a big soundstage.