Shipping cost for no rez

Digi-G

Shipping cost for no rez
« on: 12 Feb 2021, 06:05 pm »
So I started to order a single sheet of no rez to use on my NX Studio Monitor build.  I was surprised that shipping is going to be $26 to Ohio!!

Is this typical?  Is it pricy just because it's a relatively large, flat package?

Thanks,

Peter J

• Hmmmm
Re: Shipping cost for no rez
« Reply #1 on: 12 Feb 2021, 06:21 pm »
That and it's relatively heavy.

The way UPS rates work, two sheets in one package would be less per sheet than two sheets separate. Thus, four sheets better than two. If you have future plans for NoRez, ordering it all in one shot will yield best deal.

genjamon

« Reply #2 on: 12 Feb 2021, 07:00 pm »
Yeah, I have two sheets sitting unused in the basement waiting for a use some day in the future - leftovers from buying more than I needed five years ago for this very reason.

mick wolfe

« Reply #3 on: 13 Feb 2021, 05:01 pm »
So I started to order a single sheet of no rez to use on my NX Studio Monitor build.  I was surprised that shipping is going to be $26 to Ohio!!

Is this typical?  Is it pricy just because it's a relatively large, flat package?

Thanks,

Yes, that's roughly what I paid for 1 sheet shipped to AZ.  I would check and see what shipping on 2 sheets is. You'll need nearly 2 sheets if your goal is full interior coverage plus the sloped area and sides behind the tweeter.

e_biz80

« Reply #4 on: 13 Feb 2021, 07:13 pm »
You guys are lucky that you’re in the States. I’m afraid to order a sheet of no-rez as I recently bout a neo3 tweeter to replace a failing one and it cost me around $160usd all said and done. That coverts to $200 Canadian.

Danny Richie

« Reply #5 on: 14 Feb 2021, 06:05 pm »
The dimensional weight of the shipping box that is 28" by 24" by 4" bumps the shipping cost to 20 pounds.

So if you want up to four sheets of No Rez (that's what will fit into one box), the shipping cost will be the same.

Digi-G

« Reply #6 on: 15 Feb 2021, 05:22 pm »
Thanks for the feedback everyone.  I guess it's not just me.  I'll go ahead and place my order.  :)