FS: 6CL6 Spud kit amp with upgrades

Abszero

• SE DHT
FS: 6CL6 Spud kit amp with upgrades
« on: 12 Feb 2021, 04:09 pm »
6CL6 ( 6197 ) low power tube amplifier
I’ve inherited this amp from an audiophile friend who ordered it preassembled from the Spudkit.com.
As described by the designer/builder, this amp:
“The Spud Kit is a complete two channel valve amplifier in kit form (or prebuilt). Using a single-ended pentode (6CL6 / 6197), the amp is capable of about 2 to 3 watts per channel into an 8 ohm load. The amplifier features a volume control and can be driven directly from a standard (2 volts or greater) line level output from your source.”
I made few upgrades that made sense to me. I replaced the binding plates and RCAs with better quality ones. The sockets are gold plated copper Teflon. I also replaced the resistors with Takman and cathode decoupling capacitors with Elna Cerafine and the screen grid decoupling cap with Mundorf  Mlytic HV.
The last upgrade was the volume potentiometer using the excellent TKD CP2511 series.
This amp, despite being a flea power amp sounds extraordinary. The soundstage is wide, the instruments separation is amazing, and the midrange and highs are clean and clear. The amplifier is very quiet. This amp could be an excellent choice for high sensitivity drivers and highly recommended in a bi-amp scenario.
The amplifier comes with 6 pairs of tubes; 3 pairs of 6CL6 and 3 pairs of 6197. Therefore, there are plenty of possibilities to roll tubes.
The assembled kit sells for $650 and the upgrades are worth another $200. I am asking  $450 shipped to the 48 USCon.

Abszero

• SE DHT
Re: FS: 6CL6 Spud kit amp with upgrades
« Reply #1 on: 13 Feb 2021, 03:16 pm »
Sold.