Bryston Preamps ?

bunkertoy

Bryston Preamps ?
« on: 6 Feb 2021, 07:43 pm »
Hi All,
Sorry if this might have been asked before. I currently own a Bryston 1B preamp. Am I looking at a substantial upgrade if I purchase something like a BP25 ?, Love to hear which Bryston preamp you rank as being the best in order. I like having the phono stage.

I'm currently looking at a BP25/MM.
Thanks everyone.

alexone

• Anthony Bower, Stan Rybbert, John Stoneborough
Re: Bryston Preamps ?
« Reply #1 on: 6 Feb 2021, 08:54 pm »

hi, bunker!

if an analog preamp is what you are heading for then the 25 is certainly a superb choice! i have the 26 at home and i was very, very happy with the true sound this preamp is able to produce!! i would say that the technical differences (if any) between the 25 and the 26 don't make them sound absolutely different, so go for the 25 and relax :thumb:

may the sound be with you!

al.

bunkertoy

« Reply #2 on: 6 Feb 2021, 09:04 pm »
So I have a Bryston 1B now and I've just been offered $1200 for a BP25 MM with external power supply. This Pre seems way more versatile from the 1B

bunkertoy

« Reply #3 on: 7 Feb 2021, 02:01 am »
Just bought the Bryston BP25P($1200), which has MM Phono. I have a Bryston 1B, but I'm reading alot about the 1B phono stage being very good,maybe better than BP25  ?
I'm also curious to reach out to Bryston and see if they still do upgrades on BP-25's.(That's what I've read online)Power supl etc.....

schmidtmike76

« Reply #4 on: 7 Feb 2021, 02:50 pm »
They can upgrade the 25 to 26 specs however you will need the MPS2 power supply.  World class pre

bunkertoy

« Reply #5 on: 7 Feb 2021, 02:59 pm »
They can upgrade the 25 to 26 specs however you will need the MPS2 power supply.  World class pre

I think I read that the MPS2 power supply can run you around $2K ?, considering I only paid $1200 for Bp25P, might not be realistic.
Thanks for info

Jozsef

« Reply #6 on: 10 Feb 2021, 11:31 pm »
I'm sorry that I no longer recall how my BP-25 sounded but I can tell you that Bryston does not go backwards and the phono section in the 1B, set a new standard with an RIAA EQ curve accuracy that had been undreamed of before it came out. In 40 years I have not seen them rest on their laurels so a new model will be a better unit than what it replaced. BTW, I don't work for them so I have no reason to make anything up.  :)

bunkertoy

« Reply #7 on: 11 Feb 2021, 06:56 pm »
I'm sorry that I no longer recall how my BP-25 sounded but I can tell you that Bryston does not go backwards and the phono section in the 1B, set a new standard with an RIAA EQ curve accuracy that had been undreamed of before it came out. In 40 years I have not seen them rest on their laurels so a new model will be a better unit than what it replaced. BTW, I don't work for them so I have no reason to make anything up.  :)

That makes perfect sense Jozsef,
Funny you had to make a disclaimer about you working for Bryston. That just confirms most of us Bryston fans, love our Brystons. We speak well of a great product, along with a great service department.
I have a 34 year old 3B, as much as I love it. I dream of something newer like a 3Bsst
Long live Bryston

redbook

• the music is the blood...........
« Reply #8 on: 12 Feb 2021, 03:11 pm »
That makes perfect sense Jozsef,
Funny you had to make a disclaimer about you working for Bryston. That just confirms most of us Bryston fans, love our Brystons. We speak well of a great product, along with a great service department.
I have a 34 year old 3B, as much as I love it. I dream of something newer like a 3Bsst
Long live Bryston
,,,,Bravo