Hi- I’m new

boycottinactivity

Hi- I’m new
« on: 4 Feb 2021, 05:11 am »
Hi guys and gals— I’m new to audiocircle and only just found GR Research today or yesterday.
Personal info:
I’m Stephen, I’m a programmer.
I’ve had wood working as a hobby for a while now.
Recently upgraded my tv and started looking into upgrading the sound— which led me here.
Seems like a good fit: I love wood working, I love building my own stuff, and I like having as close to the best as I can get without going overboard (whatever that means).

Anything I specifically need to do in order to be part of the group?

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
Re: Hi- I’m new
« Reply #1 on: 4 Feb 2021, 01:24 pm »
Welcome ot AC!

Looking forward to your journey!  :thumb:

Phil A

« Reply #2 on: 4 Feb 2021, 01:30 pm »
Welcome!

SoCalWJS

« Reply #3 on: 4 Feb 2021, 02:51 pm »

Anything I specifically need to do in order to be part of the group?
Welcome!

As far as what to do - keep posting! Get your post count up enough to access all of the site's capabilities.

If you haven't already done so, I'd suggest looking through GR Research's YouTube videos that Dany has put out. They cover so many different aspects of building speakers, and of course there are many threads here that cover several great builds.

boycottinactivity

« Reply #4 on: 5 Feb 2021, 12:13 am »
Thanks guys!

I might be a little obsessed with speakers at the moment. Actually, when I found out that there was such a thing as GR Research selling DIY kits for high end audio, straight up blew my mind. I had no idea.

As far as what to do - keep posting! Get your post count up enough to access all of the site's capabilities.

If you haven't already done so, I'd suggest looking through GR Research's YouTube videos that Dany has put out. They cover so many different aspects of building speakers, and of course there are many threads here that cover several great builds.

Thanks. It’s been so long since I’ve been new to a forum, I forgot all about restricted access. So weird not being able to use the search bar yet.
And yeah, I’ve already watched a bunch of vids from Danny and scouring my way through threads on here.

Anyone happen to know where I could find info on the shape of the front baffle of an X-LS Encore? I randomly heard someone say (probably Danny) that the round over on the baffle is necessary and actually changes the sound. Wondering if that also applies to the top and bottom, or just the sides?