BDP-3 with WiFi dongle

Johnney

BDP-3 with WiFi dongle
« on: 3 Feb 2021, 08:51 am »
I was excited to get my new BDP-3 with WiFi dongle last week. Now come to the last step about network, hope I can get some helps/hints here.

Below is my system information:

WiFi setup. I leave Gateway in blank as everytime I setup a Gateway, will not be able to access to BDP-3 and need to reset Network Service

The Service I activated on BDP-3:

I can see BDP-3 in local network, but when I try to copy an album of music file (e.g. 500 MB), the transfer speed will be so slow and WiFi service will be down. I wonder if anyone has network knowledge could help me? Much appreciated.

audioMirror

Re: BDP-3 with WiFi dongle
« Reply #1 on: 3 Feb 2021, 04:03 pm »
I don't know what is wrong, but can you try using wired ethernet?  If this works fine, it means the wireless is the problem.  If wired has the same problem, then it might be a problem with the formatting of the drive.

My SSD recently had problems after almost 5 years of use.  Music paused, and copies failed.  I swapped the drive out with a Samsung 860 EVO, and the system works better than ever.  However, your problem sounds like more of a severe problem.

Johnney

Re: BDP-3 with WiFi dongle
« Reply #2 on: 4 Feb 2021, 12:58 am »
I don't know what is wrong, but can you try using wired ethernet?  If this works fine, it means the wireless is the problem.  If wired has the same problem, then it might be a problem with the formatting of the drive.

My SSD recently had problems after almost 5 years of use.  Music paused, and copies failed.  I swapped the drive out with a Samsung 860 EVO, and the system works better than ever.  However, your problem sounds like more of a severe problem.
I already installed 860 EVO internally. Just raise Service ID to Chris and hope it can be solved. I really neat environment of WiFi dongle.