Ad tunes site:What's that song in the Tampax commercial??

Tonto Yoder

I had the same problem as this poster: I heard a song I KNEW that I had heard but couldn't for the life of me remember who the artist was.
It was playing in the background of a promo for A&E's "Intervention". Tried searching the A&E site, but no info listed.  Tried watching A&E to catch the promo again, but no luck.  Frankly, it was driving me a little crazy!  :banghead: Adtunes had a poster who had asked the same question and had gotten the answer---Barenaked Ladies' "What a Good Boy."

The appropriate reaction was to slap my forehead while proclaiming "Of course!!"

Mag

« Reply #1 on: 9 Mar 2005, 01:55 pm »
I found the name of the band in the Tampax commercial, it was 'Outback' and I believe the song was 'Baka'. I got the answer from the person who made the recording for me who was away in the middle east.
 Since then I have purchased both albums and got a few others by the same artist and put together one heck of a good compilation disc.  I went a little overboard on the money I spent acquiring these albums but hell this compilation disc ranks up with the best music I have in my collection, so I guess it was worth it. :|

John Casler

« Reply #2 on: 9 Mar 2005, 03:01 pm »
Would you describe it as a "period" peice???? :o

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Sorry, I couldn't resist

Mag

« Reply #3 on: 10 Mar 2005, 04:26 am »
On the contrary, I think the music was selected for the commercial to emphasis the survivor theme. And by no means would I consider it feminine. I would discribe the music as a combination of folk and new age type music. However 2 of the songs (Serentonality extended mix & Made Ya Mine Spinach mix) off the Dr. Didg Serotonality album by the same artist I would discribe as electronic techno style and I think they are both exceptionally good, but are the only keepers.
  I am surprised by how little exposure these albums have in North America, I imagine they are well known in Austrailia.